- Fizzy Thoughts: Sunday Salon

Sunday Salon

Sunday, August 10, 2008

TSSbadge2

I've been in a bit of a reading slump lately.  Oh, I'm still reading, but nothing has been as good as I hoped for.  This week I read Breaking Dawn, which I enjoyed, but I have to admit, I'm glad the whole Twilight series is over.  And I'm reluctant to write a review, because I don't want to give anything away, but I also don't want to have to watch what I say.  In other words, I'm too lazy to write a well-thought-out review.  In fact, I think I'll just link to Natasha's review, because she did a wonderful job, I agree with her (except for the whole I'd've debate...I happen to like it when writers write how people speak) and I left a comment on the post.  Except there are spoilers, so consider yourself warned.

Today, I finally finished When You Are Engulfed In Flames.  Which should do it for me and David Sedaris.  My write-up of that book is so pathetic, I wouldn't even bother to click on the link.

And now I'm off to figure out what to read next.  I have piles of books on my desk, so there are plenty of options.  Unfortunately, I don't hear any of them calling my name.  At this point, I'd be happy if I could get a "Yo, read me."

8 comment(s):

girasoli said...

This isn't really a comment on the Sunday Salon, it is more of a blogging question. Where did you find this blog template? I am thinking of starting a blog at school for parent tips and for displaying some of our activities for parents to try at home (sort of a work thing that I hope doesn't turn into something I will regret). I tried to set up a new blog but am not happy with the templates. I know there are others out there but am not sure where to look. I want to stay with blogger since it is familiar to me. No time to set up a blog and learn new things. I am going to use this as my work project to be evaluated on this year. thanks! Oh, and don't worry, won't copy yours, just want to find something nicer than what is offered through blogger.

softdrink said...

bethany asked me this same question a couple of months ago...I can't find the site where I originally found the template. But I have the original template saved...I can send it to you if you want. Email me and we'll talk some more. fizzybeverage at gmail dot com

literatehousewife said...

You're not the only one to have that opinion about Engulfed in Flames. I think I'll read Me Talk Pretty Someday and leave it at that. I have a feeling he's just like David Coupland. He was really great with his first two (or three) novels, but after Girlfriend in a Coma I lost interest.

Ruth said...

I know the feeling. It really bites having a shelf or three or five full of books needing to be read and not really wanting any of them in that moment. When that happens I usually find myself in the bookstore picking up something totally out of character for me. My latest find is Bear Any Burden by Ellis Goodman, a historical epic that spans 90 years of European history and is filled with lots of twists, turns, and political intrigue.

Ti said...

If you have The Lace Reader on your shelf...pick that one up. I started to read it the other day and I am hooked.

chartroose said...

Yo, take a reading break!

LisaMM said...

Yo, read your email :-)

bkclubcare said...

Yo! (what's up with the YOYOs?)

Read Geek Love! I'm just about to start it and then we can race to review and compare notes!!!!

ok, maybe not. read whatever and have good time. In fact, go have a glass of wine and sit out on your deck or something?

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top