- Fizzy Thoughts: Teaser Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesdays

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

teasertuesdays2

I've been tagged by Lisa, and since I'm spending the day at home reading (and sleeping...I slept 14 hours last night!), it's a very appropriate meme.

TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:

  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
  • Please avoid spoilers!

I'm currently reading The Lace Reader, by Brunonia Barry, a book that is getting all sorts of attention around the blogosphere.  And rightly so.

From p. 243:

"I'm trying to remember what happened that winter, but I can't.  Most of the memory has been lost to the shock therapy."

the lace reader

2 comment(s):

lisamm said...

I can't wait to read this book! I've heard good things. But it's the author's name that makes me want to read it most.. Brunonia. WHo names a baby Brunonia???

lisamm said...

PS Thanks for playing!

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top