- Fizzy Thoughts: Autumn Reading

Autumn Reading

Thursday, September 18, 2008


Autumn is starting (here in the US, anyway), and kids are heading back to school–does the changing season change your reading habits? Less time? More? Are you just in the mood for different kinds of books than you were over the summer?

I live in California… what is this thing you call a season? In Morro Bay, we have fog. And we have no fog. Occasionally, we have rain.

Okay, I exaggerate, as usual. The mornings are cooler, so fall will be arriving in Morro Bay pretty soon. But that has absolutely no impact on my reading habits. I have no problem staying inside with a book all day long, whether it’s winter, spring, summer or fall. And the types of books I read won’t change, either. In fact, I’m really trying to stick to the shelves of books that are already living in my house, so this fall (and winter, and probably spring and next summer, too) I’ll be reading from the TBR pile as much as possible. I’m sure there will be books that I just have to run out and get so I can read them right now, but really, I’m trying to be good.

Don’t forget to check out the details for my giveaways this week!

8 comment(s):

Ti said...

I answered this on another blog and said the same thing about California. Fall? What's that?

By us, we get WIND and lots of it. As October rolls in, so does fire season. Last year we had to evacuate for 5 days. So although I love Fall, I also dread it a tiny bit because of the fire issue.

My reading habits do not change at all and I am not looking forward to any particular book or series as I have a ton of books to read right now.

Traci said...

Well, I'm on the other coast, in Virginia Beach, and it's 82 degrees right now, so I'm not quite feeling the fall thing either yet.

The only thing that's changed is I do seem to have less time. My kids are homeschooled, so it's much more time consuming for me when they're 'in school.' So, I don't have quite as much reading time. Well, I'm reading a lot, but it's things like The Fairy Chronicles and books for school.

Lisa said...

I live in Florida where it goes from being sticky hot to suddenly freezing in December.

In the summer I'm inside with the A/C cranked and in the winter I'm inside with the heat cranked! We don't have seasons either.

Good Luck with your TBR pile! :)

Messy Karen said...

Autumn is the time that i read the most. don't read much in Summer unless i am vacationing on the beach every day. which i did not do this year. but when Winter comes and it's dark at 4 o'clock i have trouble reading again. then in Spring i just can't sit still.

Smilingsal said...

We don't have fall either (South Florida) but I do change a tad.

Icedream said...

I moved from Alaska to live where we actually have 4 seasons but I still dread the coming of cold weather. I at least agree that it means I get to spend more time reading. I can use it, my TBR books wouldn't even fit in a closet.

blueviolet said...

It's hard to read the books you have when you keep seeing new possibilities. Has anyone ever had a TBR list which has been completely checked off?!! I think not.

I read more in the cold months because I don't like going places as much. I hate driving in the snow.
doot65{at}comcast[dot]net
Elizabeth

Callista said...

I posted my answer on my book blog but I'll recap here. I find that i have a little less time to read but not much. I do seem to read more suspense/thriller, or at least fiction than I do in other parts of the year.

Nice blog by the way

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top