- Fizzy Thoughts: Catch Up

Catch Up

Saturday, September 20, 2008


For Weekly Geeks #18 Dewey has challenged us to catch up on...something.

The details:

1. Decide what you need to catch up on.
2. Write a post if you feel like it, telling your readers what you intend to catch up on. If you do that, you can sign Mr Linky right away with the link to that specific post.
3. Catch up!
4. Write a post near the end of the week (Thursday or Friday) summarizing how your catch-up week went. If you didn’t sign Mr Linky with your intentions post, sign it with your summary post.
5. Don’t forget to visit other Weekly Geeks and encourage them in their catching up!

This is an excellent idea. I have three things I want to accomplish:

1. Update my sidebar...with blogs, buttons and books.
2. Clean up my Google Reader. BBAW has left it a little cluttered (I happen to like my blogs listed in alphabetical order) and I also need to clean out the starred items.
3. Blog hop. I never got a chance to visit most of the BBAW participants, so I plan to spend some time visiting new places. No promises on the commenting, but I'll try!
(4.) If I'm especially inspired, I might clean up my tags. Maybe.

9 comment(s):

Maree said...

Busy week ahead! I'm behind on my reading, so I'm catching up with that :)

Book Zombie said...

I love Google Reader but it drives me absolutely crazy that it doesn't have some sort of option for sorting easily. (I'm a compulsive alphabetizer)
Good luck with your catch-up :)

Shana said...

How do you alphabetize in Google Reader?

I just switched over from BlogLines and the lack of order is driving me crazy!

BlogLines alphabetizes automatically.

Dar said...

Your post reminds me of how much I need to clean up my blog. lol---but I'm going to read instead.

softdrink said...

I should be reading, too, but my current book isn't very riveting.

Shana, you can drag and drop where all of the blogs are listed on the left side. What's weird, though, is if you click on manage my subscriptions, they automatically alphabetize on that page.

Melody said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! I hope you'll drop by often. :)

I'm behind on a lot of stuff... and I definitely need more time!! And I need to clean up my blog too. ;)

Chris said...

Good luck! Hop on over and see me too, if you like ;)

Kristina said...

I'm catching up on blog hopping the BBAW blogs too! Good luck on catching up!

Natasha @ Maw Books said...

If you have any great ideas on how to organize Google Reader, let me know! I've got several folders but it's still not working for me.

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top