- Fizzy Thoughts: Happiness is a good book

Happiness is a good book

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Girl Reading, Pablo Picasso

Just the knowledge that a good book is awaiting one at the end of a long day makes that day happier. ~Kathleen Norris

I finally managed to get my butt in gear and participate in Weekly Geeks. Dewey is one of my favorite bloggers, so if you haven't heard of Weekly Geeks, go check it out. I always enjoy reading people's Weekly Geeks posts, even if I don't join in.

This week's activity is a quote a day. I've got my seven quotes all lined up to post every evening at 6:30pm, which is about the time (on work nights) when I'm settling in with my book (okay, sometimes it's the computer). This is my favorite time of day, hence the choice of today's quote.

16 comment(s):

Icedream said...

I love your quote, it's another new one to me. I am having fun reading all these weekly geek quotes.

katayoun said...

i really like the quote but i love, love the picasso painting you've put up. so very, very nice and so feels like someone having a great time at the end of the day.

Shana said...

Great quote and I love the image, too.

I'm thinking about participating, too.

I like the idea of setting up automatic posts.

3m said...

I love Weekly Geeks but haven't been able to participate in a while. Hopefully I can get back to that soon.

Dar said...

Great quote and so true. I'm looking forward to your quotes for the week.

N.Vasillis said...

Great quote!

cj said...

Great quote and oh, so true!

cjh

Melissa said...

Glad you decided to join!!! :) I love that quote, and am looking forward to the other ones you've got on tap.

Tracy said...

I would agree completely with that quote. Great one!

Christina said...

Great quote! I might have to "steal" it and post it... ;-)

TruBlu93 said...

thanks to you, i am a weekly geek too. well for this week anyways. hehe. go see my quotes, i kinda stole your picture idea, hope you don't mind. i did link you though =)

Book Zombie said...

This is one of my favorite quotes. But I had never seen this Picasso before, it's beautiful, thanks so much for sharing :)

Traci said...

That's a wonderful quote. I've been seeing all these weekly geeks everywhere - I need to look into that.

Tammy said...

What a great idea of Dewey's to have the WG's put up quotes -- I'm loving them! Love the Picasso, too. Any idea of what museum it can be found in?

blueviolet said...

I remember that quote from grade school for some reason!

softdrink said...

Tammy, I have no clue...but you can check out the print on allposters.com. :-D

I'm glad you're all enjoying the quote...and the the Picasso. I had never seen it before, either. Now I can't stop staring at it.

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top