Friday, September 26, 2008
This is chartroose's lazy blogger meme.
Have You Ever…
1. gone on a blind date? Yes. And to make it even worse, it was with a fraternity dude (fraternity brother of a college roommate). I’m so ashamed.
2. skipped school? I assume we’re talking high school here. In which case, no, because I was a good kid. If we’re talking college, everyone does that.
3. been on the opposite side of your country? Yes. I live in California…I have been to New York, and New Jersey, and Washington DC, and Vermont and Pennsylvania and Georgia. I’ve also been to Hawaii.
4. swam in the ocean? I don’t swim, but I’ve floated in the Pacific with the help of noodles. I’ve boogie boarded, too.
5. had your booze taken away by the cops? No. See #2.
6. lettered in a high school sport? Hah! No.
7. cried yourself to sleep? I’m sure I did this frequently as a baby.
8. played a musical instrument? Flute, in fourth grade. Until it was time to learn how to read music. I also took a guitar class in 8th grade….that was a joke. My brother got all of the musical ability in the family.
9. sung karaoke? Did I not just say my brother got all the musical ability? Oh wait…yes I did sing karaoke…with all of my cousins, for my grandma’s 90th birthday. We pretty much sucked…evidently my brother got all of their musical ability, too.
10. cheated on an exam? No, but I did have a habit of glancing at other people’s tests to see how far they had gotten. I didn’t want to lag behind.
11. played spin-the-bottle? No. How many times do I have to refer you to #2.
12. laughed until some sort of beverage came out of your nose? Yes…apple juice, and holy guacamole, did that burn. I was in a youth hostel in Florence, Italy. Not that that has any bearing on the answer, I just thought it was interesting.
13. watched the sun rise with someone you care about? Does my car count? Because I’ve watched the sun rise plenty of times while driving to work.
14. ever been arrested? No.
15. gone ice skating? No. I’m not known for my mad sportz skillz.
16. been skinny dipping? No.
17. been on television? They filmed our playground for the news when I was in third grade. Rumor has it you could see me (briefly) on the 11pm news.
18. thrown up in front of a date? No.
Told ya I was a good kid.