- Fizzy Thoughts: I'm exhausted already

I'm exhausted already

Monday, September 15, 2008

I don't know about you all, but my head is spinning. I've been reading the comments on my own blog and trying to visit the commenter's blog in return, and checking in with the Weekly Geeks, and visiting various BBAW blogs, and holy cow...at this point, I'm lucky if I remember my own name. I'm afraid I'm going to start leaving duplicate comments, and wouldn't that be embarrassing.

So...just keep in mind that I'm reading every single comment on my own blog, and I love, love, love all the attention. But please forgive me for not replying. However, don't forget that by leaving a comment on any post this week, you're entered in my Friday contest (with not one, but two, chances to win). So see...I do love you.

To start off BBAW, My Friend Amy suggested we write a post highlighting the book blogs we love to read that were not nominated for a BBAW award. Most of the blogs I read were nominated (and don't think I'm not congratulating myself on my good taste). However, here are three more of my favorites:

Ramya's Bookshelf
Ramya has great taste in books. I love reading about what she's read.

Book Chatter and other stuff
I like Ti because, like me, she likes to visit bookstores when she's on vacation. And she's an awesome commenter. And she, too, has great taste in books.

Age 30+...a lifetime of books
The self-proclaimed Ambassador of Books is doing a fantastic job.

So how are you handling BBAW? Are you as bombarded with blogs (blogbarded?) as I am? In a good way, of course.

13 comment(s):

Amy said...

You have no idea how blogbarded I am. ;)

Thanks for recs, and for participating!

Tracy said...

I feel the same way:)

katayoun said...

i checked out your suggestion and so i've added ramya to my google reader for now to see how it goes.
also saw that you are reading calvino's "If on a winter's night a traveler", i loved that book and i would very much like to know what you thought about it, maybe in later posts you'd write something about it?

literatehousewife said...

I don't expect to get much sleep this week, but you're doing better than I am. I haven't even posted the blogs I love. :) You picked some great ones. It's amazing how after all of this time I still get referrals to sites I've never heard of before. My Google Reader is going to be huge before the week is out.:)

bkclubcare said...

blogbarded! yes. I have yet to open my google-Reader for few of what the count will be. SO, I'm visiting my faves first and catching up. maybe. trying to.

bkclubcare said...

I meant fear not few. I know there will be many more than few blogs to read. Happy BBAW!

Ti said...

Thanks for mentioning me. I feel as if we have the same taste in books.

I am completely overwhelmed right now. I just posted my first giveaway..then added it to Mr. Linky, then tried to read-up on all the news posts, etc.

BBAW needs to be Book Blogger Appreciate MONTH! There is just so much going on in this one week that I feel as if I am missing out on some great stuff.

Ramya said...

@ you totally echoed my thoughts.. i have discovered so many new blogs this past week and i am sure i am not doing justice to completely reading the posts of all the blogs i have been following faithfully all this while! and in addition, i'm busy at work as well!totally not good for my sanity!:)
but hey.. thanks for listing my blog in your post!:) i love reading your posts and your comments!:)

LisaMM said...

Ooooo Ramya is new to me, I must go check her out. Thanks!

Traci said...

It has been really overwhelming, but fun, as well. I think next week, there'll probably be very little book-blogging activity as everyone will need a huge break. It's great, though, because I've found some really wonderful blogs - like yours. I'm adding you to my google reader, by the way - which is great because I can read the posts more easily, but I do like the design of your blog, which I won't see in reader. Ah well...sacrifices, and all that.

Tammy said...

You hit the nail on the head, I can't believe how many great new book blogs I've found (including yours!), there aren't enough hours in the day to read them all. Good thing I don't have much to do at work, lol!

blueviolet said...

I have added so many new book blogs to my life through BBAW. I'm lovin' it!

softdrink said...

Amy - I don't know how you're doing it. You're amazing!!

Tracy - I'm in good company, then.

katayoun - Let's just say I'm struggling with Calvino right now...but I will post about it eventually.

lithousewife - my google reader is never going to forgive me (actually, I think I'll blame it all on Amy)

Hi Care - glad you're home!

ti - too bad we don't live closer...we could just swap books!

Lisa, meet Ramya...Ramya, Lisa. :-)

Traci - next week I plan to spend some time at all the blogs I doing quick drive-by's off this week.

Tammy - hah! Me, too (about work).

blueviolet - hello, again. :-) You're giving Traci a run for her money for most comments this week.

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top