- Fizzy Thoughts: Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow.

Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow.

Sunday, September 21, 2008

I'm a little sore. My mom took me on a forced march walk today. 7 miles. And I went voluntarily.

We hiked the Point Buchon trail. It's a relatively new trail, at the end of Montana de Oro State Park, on land previously closed to the public. We walked along the cliffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean, checked out a sinkhole, saw goats and sheep and horses (and evidence of cows...lots of cows) and dragonflies and crickets and birds and beautiful eroded rocks in the ocean and a pond and all sorts of nature. And then we saw Diablo Canyon. Nothing like a nuclear power plant to complete the whole nature-y experience.

We're going to do it again in a few weeks...next time I'm taking my camera, and if it's not foggy, I'll have photographic evidence (and more reasons to stop).

In other news, Bubba has left the building. We have scoured the front porch looking for him, and he's nowhere to be found. He better not have let himself into the house.

And I am still reading If on a winter's night a traveler. Right now I'm watching my beloved Packers get trounced by the Cowboys, who I happen to loathe for no particular reason. Actually, I'm listening to the game, because I took my glasses off so I wouldn't have to actually see it.

5 comment(s):

girasoli said...

And you are going again? I hope it is easier next time. I am looking forward to the photos :) Oh and glad Bubba has left the building. Good thing because I finally captured my little gecko and flushed him down the toilet. I don't know who disposed of the small rat or large mouse that I found next to my car yesterday.

Ti said...

I love hiking...or walking...whatever you call it. I like to do it by myself though so I can be in complete misery all by myself.

So glad Bubba took a hike too.

Bookfool said...

That sounds fun, apart from the pain. I'd do it for the view.

Bubba looks like a nice bug. You should see the big, hairy spider hanging out at our house. Fortunately, he lives *outside*. My son took a photo to school and found out he's a banana spider. Who ever heard of such a thing? He's huge. And, did I tell you he's hairy? Ugh.

Dar said...

Ok, 7 miles is a bit much. However where you were hiking looks gorgeous, other than the power plant of course. It would be great to see some pics if you can get them.

Yahoooo, Bubba has left the building. The thought that he may in the house is not a reassuring one.

Kristina said...

Oh geez! I think you are asking for it lol! Hope you feel a little better soon :)

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top