- Fizzy Thoughts: Weekly Geeks #18 Wrap-up

Weekly Geeks #18 Wrap-up

Saturday, September 27, 2008


This week our challenge was to catch up on something. This is how I did:

1. Update my sidebar...with blogs, buttons and books. - Yes, I did this, but now I want to re-do the blog. I get like this every few months, and I'm trying to refrain, because I end up spending hours playing around with html. And I don't have hours. I added a bunch of people to my blog roll, but not all 70+ blogs that are currently in Google Reader. If I left you out (sorry!) and you really want to be included, let me know...I'd be more than happy to add you.

2. Clean up my Google Reader. BBAW has left it a little cluttered (I happen to like my blogs listed in alphabetical order) and I also need to clean out the starred items. - Done and done. Now I just have to keep up on the reading and commenting. And I discovered Google Reader has this options menu which will alphabetize for you...has that always been there?

3. Blog hop. I never got a chance to visit most of the BBAW participants, so I plan to spend some time visiting new places. No promises on the commenting, but I'll try! - Sort of done. I tried to visit everyone that left comments. I also tried to comment more on the blogs I already read. (I said tried, not did!) I did not visit all of the BBAW blogs (I visited a few...I think I made it through the A's) because then I want to add more to the Google Reader, and I really need to stop doing that before I end up with 10 bajillion blogs to read. I did find some very cool new blogs, though.

(4.) If I'm especially inspired, I might clean up my tags. Maybe. - I did end up doing this, and then I took the list off the sidebar. How's that for dealing with it?

I didn't get much reading done, though. I'm on page 119 of Oscar Wao. But since I'll be out of town next week, I'm expecting to spend more time reading and less time on the computer.

2 comment(s):

Icedream said...

I love how your blog looks. It's so tidy it makes it very easy to read. One day I aspire to get my blog to look as nice as yours. I laughed when I read that your got rid of your tags on the sidebar. I spent all week creating a tag cloud and re-labeling all my blogs and now I hate how it looks. If I can't get it cleaned up I am going to get rid of it too.

anne said...

omg JILL! Your blog is looking fantabulously awesome!! WOW. I love it, and from the soda fountain is a perfect archive title.

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top