- Fizzy Thoughts: Weekly Geeks #19

Weekly Geeks #19

Thursday, October 02, 2008


It's time to start thinking of top 10 lists! For this weeks Weekly Geeks, Dewey asked for our top 10 books published in 2008:

1. Compile your list of favorites. Please be sure that books you choose actually were published in 2008, or at the very earliest in the winter holiday season of 2007. Sometimes books that come out then are left out.

2. Come back and sign Mr Linky with the url to your top books of 2008 post.

3. If you happen to see any non-WG bloggers making similar lists, please grab the url and come put it in Mr Linky for them. Let them know you’re doing that, please, in case they have some sort of objection; if they do, they can ask me to remove their link. I’ve already seen a couple favorites of 2008 posts, which is another reason I wanted to get started early.

4. Feel free to make changes to your list if you read something new in the next few weeks. After about October 25, I can’t guarantee your changes will be reflected in the master list. We’ll probably start compiling lists around then.

5. Please consider whether you’d like to help me compile lists.


I don't know that I've even read 10 books published in 2008. But of those I have, these are my nominees:

Belong to Me, Marisa de los Santos
The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks, E. Lockhart
The Sugar Queen, Sarah Addison Allen
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society, Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows
Queen of the Road, Doreen Orion
The Story of Edgar Sawtelle, David Wroblewski
The Last Queen, C.W. Gortner

5 comment(s):

Dar said...

You've got some good ones there Jill and a few I still need to read, like that's a surprise that they're on the tbr list hey.

Ruth said...

I think that some of the best reads from 2008 are still yet to come. I know my watch list for October and November is pretty long. One of my favorite reads so far this year is Recovering Charles by Jason F. Wright. It's about a man searching for his father in post-Katrina New Orleans, and is a great story of hope, faith and recovery.

Icedream said...

Most of the books on your list are on my wish list. I have The Story of Edgar Sawtelle sitting on my shelf now and I read The Sugar Queen. The rest I hope to get to before the year ends. But looking at my pile of books I don't know if that's going to work out.

chartroose said...

I'm baaaack! Aren't you glad? I'm enjoying Edgar too, but I don't think it'll be my favorite.

tinylittlelibrarian said...

Belong to Me is on my TBR list - I loved, loved her first book.

The Last Queen seems to have made a lot of lists, I may have to check it out.

The Potato Peel book is my next read, I'm really looking forward to it.

I liked Frankie L-B, too, though it's not my fave E. Lockhart book.

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top