- Fizzy Thoughts: Zounds!

Zounds!

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Okay, so I really didn't say zounds. I said crap, because I own my potty mouth. But doesn't zounds make a better title?

Why am I cursing? Because I left my book at work. A book I was just starting to get into and was all excited about reading tonight (I'm reading Run). I even know exactly where the book is - on top of the file cabinet in my cubicle. It's hanging out with Structured Decision Making policy manuals and training guides, so it's probably gonna be mighty unhappy with me tomorrow. And I didn't even leave any good snacks around.

I'm seriously bummed, because Rushdie was a downer and after a week of "meh, I don't want to open my book tonight," I'd finally found one that's holding my interest. And, I'm at a very important part. I was reading in the waiting room at the dentist this morning, and I couldn't exactly say "wait a minute, I just need to finish this chapter." I'd been looking forward to finding out what's happening all day.

So I really don't want to start anything else, although I seem to have 145 other books to choose from. But I know me...if I start something else, I'll forget about Run, and then it will really hate me.

Instead, I've downloaded and am listening to Everlast's version of Folsom Prison Blues.

2 comment(s):

bkclubcare said...

I never seem to have my book with me when I'm out&about with waiting time OR I don't have my reading glasses with me. I hope your book survives the night and doesn't get too cold. or starve. Or get beat up by the technical guides...

Ti said...

I hate when I leave my book at work! Poor thing..no snacks either. It's a cold, cold world.

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top