- Fizzy Thoughts: Booking Through Thursday Book Meme

Booking Through Thursday Book Meme

Thursday, October 09, 2008


What was the last book you bought?
The Heretic's Daughter, by Kathleen Kent and Thank You for All Things, by Sandra Kring

Name a book you have read MORE than once
I don't re-read, but I have seen To Kill a Mockingbird about 10 times (when I was a substitute teacher, it was a popular film for teachers to show when they were out)

Has a book ever fundamentally changed the way you see life? If yes, what was it?
I'm stumped.

How do you choose a book? eg. by cover design and summary, recommendations or reviews
All of the above, as well as by author. Also, mood plays a role.

Do you prefer Fiction or Non-Fiction?
Fiction, except when I'm on a travel memoir kick.

What’s more important in a novel - beautiful writing or a gripping plot?
Plot, but the writing is up there, too.

Most loved/memorable character (character/book)
That's hard. Maybe Anne of Green Gables.

Which book or books can be found on your nightstand at the moment?
I don't read in bed. But I have Thank You For All Things sitting on the arm of my chair.

What was the last book you’ve read, and when was it?
I finished Tethered today. And I just started Thank You For All Things.

Have you ever given up on a book half way in?
If I give up, it's usually before halfway. Recently abandoned books include The Enchantress of Florence and Ines of My Soul.

7 comment(s):

bermudaonion said...

I have to read a little in bed before I go to sleep or I can't sleep. The only problem is if it's a really good book, it keeps me awake.

Traci said...

I hope you enjoy Heretic's Daughter as much as I did. It was one of the best books I've read all year.

Ti said...

I like the idea of reading in bed but it never happens because I usually fall asleep within a page or two of picking the book up.

Smilingsal said...

I agree: if I give up, it's after two or three chapters.
Come see my answers.
http://bookcritiques.blogspot.com

gautami tripathy said...

I am looking forward to read The Hereti's Daughter.

My meme answers!

Book Zombie (Joanne) said...

I love your answer about mood being a factor when choosing a book.

I've just started Tethered this morning, only about 20 pages in but it seems great so far.

Dar said...

I loved the book To Kill a Mockingbird but surprisingly I have not seen the movie. I'm going to have to remedy that.

Ahhh, Anne of Green Gables-another big favorite of mine.

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top