- Fizzy Thoughts: late breaking news

late breaking news

Friday, October 24, 2008

If it's Friday, it must be the book closet.

You thought I forgot, didn't you? Well, I didn't forget, I've just been running around today. I got home late last night after spending the week in Davis (work) and I'm leaving early tomorrow morning for the Book Group Expo in San Jose (fun). So I just now counted up all the comments over the last week, and thanks to the read-a-thon, I had a whopping 113 comments over the last week. I'm sure you'll forgive me if I was too lazy to subtract my own comments this time. So I consulted my crystal ball (random.org) who said:

Here are your random numbers:
17
Timestamp: 2008-10-25 03:11:26 UTC

And the 17th comment was...

Book Zombie (Joanne)

Yay!!!! Joanne, please let me know if there is a book you would like, and email me your address.



And if you're wondering, Joanne's winning comment was "LMAO!" in response to a Savage Chickens cartoon. So to celebrate, here's another one:


6 comment(s):

bermudaonion said...

I'm so jealous that you're going to Group Book Expo. Can't wait to read all the details next week.

Dar said...

Congrats Joanne.

I am so gemming that you get to go to the Book Expo. I can't wait to hear about it. Have fun!

Yan said...

Congrats to Joannae =) and her comment~

Dawn said...

Congrats to Joanne! Ya gotta love those savage/sausage chickens :)

Jill, I can't wait to hear what you have to say about Book Group Expo!

Book Zombie (Joanne) said...

Haha awesome! Although it's totally embarrassing to have won with such a completely moronic comment, but it was during the Read-A-Thon and honestly my 7-Up was nearly coming out my nose as I laughed at those chickens!

Have a fantastic time at the Book Expo!!

Chain Reader said...

I'm just stopping by to say thanks for the book prizes you sent me from the read-a-thon (the Book Lust books). I've wanted those for a while and am very much enjoying looking through them!

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top