- Fizzy Thoughts: Teaser Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesdays

Tuesday, October 07, 2008


TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:

  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
  • Please avoid spoilers!
"He walks over to a row of bookcases, sturdy oak things I bought from a consigner in town, a savvy man who haunts the houses of the dead, offering cash to families intent on cleaning out and quickly selling Grandmother's house (unlike most of the residents of this town, he didn't think it odd when I arrived in my hearse). I don't have the kind of life that produces bric-a-brac, so the shelves are cluttered only with books."

from Tethered, by Amy MacKinnon

10 comment(s):

Traci said...

I've got this on my tbr pile. Love the teaser.

Ti said...

I am loving this book. Half way thru it.

Ladytink_534 said...

This sounds interesting! Here's mine

lisamm said...

I've been wanting to read this book! Love the cover art (and what better way to choose a book, I always say- ha!)

Dar said...

Oh geez, I already wanted to read this book, now I really, really want to read it. Good teaser.

Shana @ Literarily said...

Jill, (and Traci and Ti) I have this book to!

Did you get it the RH from Read it Forward program?

softdrink said...

I actually haven't started it, but that's only because I haven't had time to read yet today.

Lisa, unfortunately the ARC doesn't have the same cover. I was very disappointed when I saw it.

Shana...yes! Although I don't remember requesting it. :-/

Icedream said...

I'm intriqued, now I can't wait for your review.

BooksPlease said...

I haaven't heard of this, but it certainly sounds interesting. Great teaser!

katayoun said...

sound really interesting.

also it's good that i waited a while to make a comment, i thought you meant everyone to do this and i was all ready with my book!! :)

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top