- Fizzy Thoughts: Teaser Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesdays

Tuesday, October 14, 2008



TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:

  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
  • Please avoid spoilers!
"When she turned to go, she looked into my eyes for an instant and I knew with a certainty that she was in the family way with someone's bastard. The rounded flesh of her cheeks, her dimpled hands, one still wearing the moon-shaped scar from my bite upon it, her pasty skin for once flushed and damp, told a story of a red underskirt lifted one too many times in the quiet of some dark space."

from The Heretic's Daughter, by Kathleen Kent

6 comment(s):

Ti said...

Ohhhh. Great lines. That book sounds good. Can't wait to read your review.

Traci said...

That was a lovely book. I hope you're enjoying it.

Dar said...

Well now, that certainly spiked my interest in reading this book even more. Great teaser.

softdrink said...

I'm stalled with the book, though. I like it, it's just a little grim..and I know it won't get better.

Carrie K said...

oohh...thats a good one!

this book is popping up everywhere and im dying to read it...

Wendi B. - Wendi's Book Corner ~ Rainy Day Reading in Seattle said...

What a teaser!! I've just started this book, and LOVE it so far!

Here's my first teaser post:
http://wendisbookcorner.blogspot.com/2008/10/teaser-tuesday-kushiels-mercy-by.html

~ Wendi

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top