- Fizzy Thoughts: Teaser Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesdays

Tuesday, October 21, 2008



TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:


  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
  • Please avoid spoilers!

"Then he stretched up, and the tips of his fingers touched the perfect apple.
He was never to taste it."


from The Graveyard Book, by Neil Gaiman

9 comment(s):

Traci said...

I really want to read that book. Great teaser!

Wanda said...

"the perfect apple", now I'm hungry...

Lisa said...

Wow - so many books this week that are on my TBR list! But what a sad little teaser.

gautami tripathy said...

It is on my TBR list!

Here is mine!

Wendi B. - Wendi's Book Corner ~ Rainy Day Reading in Seattle said...

Interesting teaser! I'm interested to hear how you like the book.

:) Wendi
http://wendisbookcorner.blogspot.com/2008/10/teaser-tuesday-19th-wife-by-david.html

Karen Harrington said...

:o right back atcha for that one!

Shana said...

Okay, Karen & Jill, what's going on here :D

Nice teaser, Jill. I saw a review of this one last week (where, oh where?) and it looks great.

Shana
Literarily

Dar said...

Very intriguing. I really want to read this book after reading a few reviews of it. Good teaser.

LoneStarLibrarian said...

May I borrow your invention and change it to Teaser Thursday tomrrow on my blog? http://speedoflight-lonestarlibrarian.blogspot.com

write back to me @ koutlaw@hcpl.net

I will of course link to your blog, which I just signed up for on Bloglines as a feed.

Cheers,
LoneStarLibrarian

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top