- Fizzy Thoughts: this week's edition of the book closet

this week's edition of the book closet

Saturday, October 04, 2008

Eva, with the 56th comment of the week, is this week's winner of her choice of a book from the book closet. Incidentally, she left this comment in response to my Booking Through Thursday post in which I listed The Memory Keeper's Daughter as one of the best books I haven't liked:

I f'ing HATED Memory Keepers' Daughter. Abandoned it. Not only did were the characters and plot dull/not something I cared about, but the actual WRITING was just horrible! *shudder*

I knew she was a smart cookie.

So, Eva, pick your poison and send me an email. And thanks for helping me clean out my closet.

1 comment(s):

Eva said...

Yay!! Although I feel bad that you quoted one of my more childish comments. ;) There goes my image as the hope for tomorrow...j/k!

I'll just continue to trust your recommendations and go with The Brief and Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao. So excited!!

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top