- Fizzy Thoughts: reading for charity

reading for charity

Friday, October 17, 2008


Tomorrow is the read-a-thon!


Many of the readers will be reading for charity. Here are just a few of the great causes chosen by some of the participants:

Chris, of Stuff as Dreams are Made on, is supporting NaNoWriMo. Did you know they have a young writers program? I didn’t either, until I read Chris’s post. I thought that was so cool, so I’m egging Chris on in his goal to read 1000 pages.

Bethany, of B&b ex libris, is reading for clear water. For more info, read her post on why she is supporting Living Water International.

Wendy, aka caribousmom, is supporting a local (to her) organization, Triple Creek Ranch Inc. Triple Creek Ranch offers Equine Assisted Activities (including therapeutic horseback riding and Hippotherapy) to children and adults with physical, emotional, learning, and behavioral disability. For more info, read her post about TCRI.

Tanabata has chosen to support breast cancer awareness and research, and her post talks about what she is pledging to do and why, as well as providing links to different organizations if you choose to join in. Tanabata’s choice of charity is very timely, as October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month!

Hurray for these four bloggers (as well as all of the others who are reading for charity)! I encourage you all to visit their blogs and leave a few words of encouragement. And, if you see a charity you’d like to support, feel free to leave a few bucks, too. :-D

7 comment(s):

bethany said...

Thanks so much for the post softdrink!!! It is so neat to see all the causes listed there. Reading for a cause is just even better than just reading....I can't wait to get started on this read-a-thon!

Thanks again :) you are supa-sweet.

Wendy said...

Thank you so much for the link to my fundraiser! Are you interested in the book I am giving away? Because of this post, you earned one chance to win the book...just let me know if you want me to enter your name!

Dewey said...

And, shhhh! There will be a special drawing just for people doing fundraising!

Chris said...

You're the best softdrink! Thanks so much for mentioning this in your blog along with all of the other fundraising people and thanks even more for helping me out! And to top it off, I found your really cool blog through this read-a-thon! :D You're now in my reader full time!

softdrink said...

bethany and wendy and chris - you're very welcome. You guys chose some cool charities. I won't be able to cheerlead all day tomorrow, but I'll definitely be checking in on you all! Good luck and have fun!

Shana @ Literarily said...

Thanks for the links, Jill. I didn't realize anyone was fundraising with this event.

bkclubcare said...

Yippee! Sis Boom Bah! Go run errands and cheer cheer cheer! (my cheers don't rhyme.)

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top