- Fizzy Thoughts: Top 10 Lists

Top 10 Lists

Sunday, October 19, 2008

For the read-a-thon, I hosted a mini-challenge. I asked participants to create their top 10 list of anything related to the read-a-thon. For 2 hours, people sent me links to their lists, and for 2 hours I was highly entertained. Maybe it was the hour (15 hours into the read-a-thon) or maybe it was the caffeine (very possible, considering how many times it was mentioned in the lists), but there were some hilarious and clever entries. Here's a sample:

From Joanne at Book Zombie: The Top Ten Things You Can Do While Reading That You Never Thought You’d Be Doing!

Jessi at Casual Dread: Jessi's Top 7 Books Added to Her Wishlist Because of the Read-a-Thon

Kimmy at The Smug Cloud: The Top Ten Distractions You Must Carefully Avoid During The Read-a-thon!

Ashley at Book and Cranny: Top 10 Ways You Know You've Had Too Much Coffee During the Read-a-Thon

Steph at The Kea: Top 10 Reasons the Read-A-Thon Makes you Look Crazy to Non-Read-a-Thoner’s

Chris at Stuff as Dreams are Made On: Top Ten Ways To Keep Your Eyes Pried Open During the Readathon

To find the links to all of the lists, check out the comments page from the mini-challenge post.

Thanks to everyone who contributed a list...this was one of the highlights of my evening!

2 comment(s):

Trish said...

I was sooooo sorry that I missed this mini-challenge! It happened during a time when I wasn't checking my computer very often.

Hey, I wanted to say thanks for coming by to cheer me on! You did a great job. :)

bkclubcare said...

Terrific mini-challenge! very fun. Good job. Woo hoo.

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top