- Fizzy Thoughts: Woo-hoo!

Woo-hoo!

Thursday, October 30, 2008

If you read my post about the Book Group Expo, then you know that Trish and I met Garth Stein, author of The Art of Racing in the Rain. In fact, we had dinner with him (and Joshua Henkin), not that I'm name dropping or gloating or anything like that. Okay, so maybe I am...but there's a point to this story!

So, are you sitting down? Because this next part is so exciting (okay, it was exciting for Trish and me)...Garth Stein wrote a guest post for Book Club Girl about his experience at Book Group Expo. And he mentioned Trish and me. By name (I told you I answer to softdrink). With links to our blogs.


Dude, is that not the coolest thing? Ever?

And if that doesn't convince you to attend the Book Group Expo next year, I don't know what will.

11 comment(s):

bethany said...

that is so cool!!!! you are super sweet and nice, I agree :) She forgot to mention how funny you are thoguh! Maybe you didn't tell her any of your book jokes from the read-a-thon.

You are famous now!

Ti said...

I know! I read that the other day and it really made me regret not going. I'm still pouting.

Brad'll Do It said...

Okay, so now you're going to be nationally-recognized book blogger for the West Coast. Does that mean you'll forget your Slow Travel constituency? Oh, well, the lure of the bright (book)lights is hard to resist.

Dawn said...

When I read Garth's guest post on BCG I was grinning ear-to-ear for you.

Is Book Group Expo in San Jose every year, or does the venue change?

bermudaonion said...

I actually saw his guest post and your names! That is so exciting!

Ladytink_534 said...

I don't care how far away it is. I REALLY want to go to this one day!

softdrink said...

bethany - I've got you all fooled! ;-)

Awww, Ti - next year!

Brad - I was bummed the expo was the same weekend as the party of the century! I'd love to join in the fun...hopefully the dates don't clash next year (and you and Palma are still hosting the GTG).

Dawn - yes, in San Jose. Although last year it was in April.

bermudaonion - I was all squeally, like a teenage girl.

Tink - there's a major airport in San Jose!

girasoli said...

Wow, I know a celebrity!! How cool!! Congralations on the recognition and link! Well deserved :)

literatehousewife said...

That is so wonderful! Congratulations!

trish said...

Coolest thing ev-ar. It was so much fun I need something else to look forward to!!

Dar said...

That is the coolest thing ever! My goodness you're becoming quite famous aren't you. That's really great for you both!

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top