Saturday, November 22, 2008
Marina tagged me for this one, and I think I might just be the last person in the blogging universe to do it (except for Rochelle, so guess who just got tagged?). Actually, I think I have done it, but not in relation to books.
So, rules above, and here we go.
1. I almost always read the end of the book first. And I know there are others like me.
2. I have never read a Stephen King book, and you can't make me. I have, however, read many of his wife's books. Have you?
3. I have no memories of learning to read, or of being read to. Yet I can't remember a time when I didn't love reading.
4. I have shelves at Library Thing and Good Reads, although I never update them. Since I get rid of most of my books after they're read, it seems pointless to keep a virtual bookshelf. I should delete the accounts, but I like the Good Reads newsletter.
5. When I travel I love to buy bookmarks from the places I've visited. Except then I get home and never use them.
6. I want to be a librarian. Except librarians in our area make less money than I do, so that's a job move that just won't happen.
7. My boyfriend is not a reader. At all. He's read one book in the 16 years we've been together. However, he's very accepting of all the time I spend with my nose in a book. And at bookstores.
I would tag seven people, but I think you all have done this. Except for Rochelle, who needs to tell the world why she named her fish Oshima.