- Fizzy Thoughts: My other alter-ego

My other alter-ego

Sunday, November 30, 2008

The other day Joanne posted about her alter-ego the shady mechanic, so I just had to join in the fun. The Typealyzer tries to identify your personality based on your blog. Evidently, this is me:

ESTP - The Doers

The active and playful type. They are especially attuned to people and things around them and often full of energy, talking, joking and engaging in physical out-door activities. The Doers are happiest with action-filled work which craves their full attention and focus. They might be very impulsive and more keen on starting something new than following it through. They might have a problem with sitting still or remaining inactive for any period of time.



I look like I'm ready for a mean game of dodgeball. Where's the book? And the cushy chair?? So, let's count the ways this is wrong:

  • I haven't worn pigtails since I was three.
  • I wouldn't be caught dead in shorts and knee socks.
  • I have lousy hand-eye coordination.
  • I work in a cubicle in front of a computer.
  • Just the thought of engaging in physical outdoor activities exhausts me.
  • I have no problem sitting still. None. Ditto for inactivity.

How about you? Does your blog reflect the real you?

7 comment(s):

Ti said...

Here's mine:

ESFP: The Performers

The entertaining and friendly type. They are especially attuned to pleasure and beauty and like to fill their surroundings with soft fabrics, bright colors and sweet smells. They live in the present moment and don´t like to plan ahead - they are always in risk of exhausting themselves.

The enjoy work that makes them able to help other people in a concrete and visible way. They tend to avoid conflicts and rarely initiate confrontation - qualities that can make it hard for them in management positions.


Mine is pretty accurate, except I do not shy away from conflict at all. My pic is a hoot though. I'm holding a cocktail of some sort, wearing some sort of "ugg"ish boots and carrying what looks like a shawl.

jessi said...

I got "Performer," too, which is actually pretty accurate - I don't plan ahead (to my detriment, most of the time), I like helping people (one of the main reasons I became a teacher), and I hate confrontation (which is indeed why I was a really bad manager).

chartroose said...

I'm a Mechanic. That's right, I like to "seek fun and action." I enjoy adventure and risk such as driving race cars or working in law enforcement. Yep, it sounds like me: fearless and a real pain-in-the-ass! The picture, of course, is of a guy wearing overalls and a toolbelt. I'm surprised he isn't spittin' 'baccy out of his toothless mouth!

Your picture should be of Einstein, (but with better hair) because you're wicked smart! Hope you had a terrific Thanksgiving.

girasoli said...

According to the Typealyzer, I'm a Doer. Some of it is true for me. I can be very impulsive and often have 5 or 6 things going at once with trouble getting things completed. I also have been known to have more difficulty sitting still or remaining inactive for any period of time. I probably have a bit of ADD in me. I think that is one reason why I am not a great book reader. I can never pay attention long enough unless the book is really good.

Veens said...

I'm a Doer too :)

LOL! :Di wore pigatils the day i knew was a Doer :D
u can see me often in shorts and socks
i have lousy whatever ;)
i also work like that
umm! no -- i like outdoor physica activity
i have prob sitting still :(

:D
so there - it is partially correct for me :S

Joanne said...

"Just the thought of engaging in physical outdoor activities exhausts me."

Hah - that sounds like me! Although I do a bit of hiking, it requires much moaning, whining, bribing and recuperation :)

Bookfool said...

Well, it wasn't working just now (I got an error message when I tried to redo the typawhatsit thing) but when I did it before, my result was something to the effect of creative or artistic blogger and it was so completely on target with my personality that it was almost eerie.

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top