- Fizzy Thoughts: Sunday Salon - my recent reading frenzy

Sunday Salon - my recent reading frenzy

Sunday, November 30, 2008

I can't believe it's the last day of November, can you? I don't think I'm ready for December and the end of the year. Although after yesterday's visit to Target I can say that I'm finished with my Christmas shopping.

So with five days off of work, I've been busy. Reading. Since Wednesday night, I've finished seven books. It's been quite awhile since I've read so many books in such a short period of time. I have yet to write up my thoughts on any of the books, but here are the victims of my reading frenzy:

The Likeness, Tana French
Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs, Chuck Klosterman
Life After Genius, M. Ann Jacoby
Apart from the Crowd, Anna McPartlin
Thirteen Reasons Why, Jay Asher
Riding with the Queen, Jennie Shortridge
Broken, Daniel Clay


All were good books, although they all had an element of darkness running through them. And interestingly, the last four all gave me serious doubts at first...each book had something that bothered me, whether it was the characters (Riding), or the writing (13 and Broken), or the approach (Apart). However, they all managed to suck me in eventually.

And now, for the rest of the day, I think I'll be spending a serious chunk of time on my computer writing future posts for each of these books. And maybe sneaking in a little more reading.

6 comment(s):

bermudaonion said...

I can't wait to see what you thought of Sex, Drugs and Cocoa Puffs. I started it a while ago and it got set aside. I need to go back and finish it.

Fyrefly said...

Holy cow! I had a bunch of free time this week, but I was having a hard time focusing on reading for long stretches at a time... I managed to read two books, but seven, wow!

Lisa said...

Wow!
I have 13 Reasons, it's on my "soon" list. I look forward to your review.

Ti said...

You are quite the little reader. I'm impressed. I can't wait to hear about The Likeness...given your feelings on her first book.

Dar said...

Wow, I can't believe you read that many books in that short a time. You rock!

Veens said...

7 books?!?
damn ! i just finished 1

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top