- Fizzy Thoughts: Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesday

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
  • Please avoid spoilers!

"The most obvious is the Trix Rabbit, a tragic figure whose doomed existence is not unlike that of Sisyphus. Since the cereal's inception, the rabbit - often marginalized as "silly" - has never been allowed to enjoy even one bowl of his favorite foodstuff, and the explanation for this embargo smacks of both age discrimination and racism (we are to accept that Trix is reserved exclusively "for kids")."

from Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs, by Chuck Klosterman

11 comment(s):

Sherry said...

Poor Trix rabbit. That cereal never lived up to its hype. Now, Captain Crunch with Crunch Berries is another story...

Here's my teaser.

gautami tripathy said...

Now that seems like a good book for children. I better check it out for my nephew!

Read mine here

Ladytink_534 said...

Lol. I always feel sorry for that rabbit!

Here's mine

Book Zombie (Joanne) said...

Hah great teaser, I enjoyed this book a lot.

raych said...

Sex, Drugs and Cocoa Puffs was the shit, and if you don't end up liking it, I'm not sure we can be blog-friends anymore (kidding!). Also, I hope guatami is joking about picking it up for her nephew.

Scobberlotcher said...

Interesting! I haven't read any Klosterman before, but this has me intrigued.

Ooooohhhklahoma where the winds go sweepin' down the plains (and the people are all wearing camo pants in November.)

Dar said...

Very intriguing teaser. I'm looking forward to a review on this one.

Terri said...

I just never thought about the Trix scenario like that! Fun teaser, thanks.

Book Lover Lisa said...

Great teaser! I am finding way too many books to add to my TBR today.

Marina said...

I never had any any of the "candified" cereals growing up, and I remember thinking that the poor rabbit wasn't really missing out... but I was a really weird little kid.

Oh, btw... Tag, you're it!

Veens said...

br! Am i the only one who doesn't understand this :(

soorrryy!

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top