- Fizzy Thoughts: Thankful

Thankful

Thursday, November 27, 2008


Today is Thanksgiving here in the U.S.

Now, you may have noticed that the global economy isn’t exactly doing well. There’s war. Starvation. All sorts of bad, scary things going on.

So–just for today–how about sharing 7 things that you’re thankful for?

This can be about books, sure–authors you appreciate, books you love, an ode to your public library–but also, how about other things, too? Because in times like these, with bills piling up and disaster seemingly lurking around every corner, it’s more important than ever to stop and take stock of the things we’re grateful for. Family. Friends. Good health (I hope). Coffee and tea. Turkey. Sunshine. Wagging tails. Curling up with a good book.

So, how about it? Spread a little positive thinking and tell the world what there is to be thankful for.

1. I'm thankful for Hamburger (who is currently asleep on the couch, despite the fact that dinner is still 5 hours away), because he let's me be me.
2. I'm thankful for books, because they give me places to go and people to see, even when I'm not traveling.
3. I'm thankful for moms who like to cook Thanksgiving dinner, so I don't have to.
4. I'm thankful for Thanksgiving, because I have 5 days off work (sometimes it's the little things that make you happy).
5. I'm thankful for whoever it was who invented the internets (not Al Gore), so I can stay in touch with all of my internet friends.
6. I'm thankful for you (yes, you), because you read my blog and leave wonderful comments.
7. And finally, I'm thankful I'm not a turkey.


Happy Thanksgiving to all you Americans out there.

And Happy Thursday to everyone!

13 comment(s):

bermudaonion said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Icedream said...

Ha, love your cartoon too! Happy Thanksgiving to you and and I loved your list of things you are thankful for.

Daisy Cat said...

I am thankful for you, for making me giggle at your last repsonse!

Lisa said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too.

Smilingsal said...

Thanks for the laugh. Happy Booking Through Thursday. Happy Thanksgiving! Please come see my list. http://bookcritiques.blogspot.com/

dawn said...

Happy Thanksgiving, softdrink!

Joanne said...

Lol cute cartoon, and great list. Hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful :)

Veens said...

to all of yur family and to u specially a very Happy Thanksgiving. God Bless!

and a very cute cartoon :)

Veens said...

Thanks a lot for thinking of me :) I am glad that me and everyone in our family are safe.

Thank Almighty for that.

And it is still going on - they are trying a LOT, to kill those MF but... they hold hostages and that too from different countries :(

Ladytink_534 said...

Lol. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

Dar said...

Great post Jill. I'm pretty sure we're all thankful for you and the laughs you add to our days too! I know I am!

girasoli said...

I'm thankful for meeting you through blogging(the cyber way).

Annie said...

I'm thankful for all my Slow Trav blogging friends (like you!). Hope you had a wonderful holiday weekend!

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top