Tuesday, December 16, 2008
I said I wasn't going to do any challenges in 2009. But then Chris came up with this marvelous idea.
1. Pick one book from each of the 6 years that Dewey has archives of. You can access her archives by clicking on the archive link in the sidebar of her website. It’s a dropdown menu. For instance, you would read one book that she reviewed in 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, and 2008 for a total of six books.
2. The other option is to read 5 books that Dewey reviewed. These can be from any year and I’m guessing that each of us has at least 5 books on our TBR list because of Dewey!
And the rules:
1. Choose either option 1 or 2 from above.
2. Commit to read your books (either 5 or 6 depending on which option you choose) throughout 2009. The challenge will end on December 31, 2009 but we’ll go ahead and unofficially start it right away! We’ll officially start it on January 1st, 2009.
3. Check back to this page often as I’ll put up Mr. Linky’s for reviews and I’ll mention prize giveaways!
I'm going with option #2. The books I have chosen to read are:
Looking for Alaska by John Green
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi
The Uncommon Reader by Alan Bennett
Half of a Yellow Sun by Chimamanda Adichie
And since I've already caved and committed to one challenge, I'm toying with the idea of a few more. So much for resolutions.