- Fizzy Thoughts: Dude. I gotta Dell.

Dude. I gotta Dell.

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Okay, confession time. I bought myself a present today. Well, I ordered myself a present. It won't be here for a few weeks. And I figured since I was spending all that money on a laptop, why not get one in a pretty color? I'm such a girl.

My Toshiba knows something is up, too, because it's running a little slow tonight.

Friday, we ordered Hamburger's new desktop. It's a Dell, also, because I (actually, my co-worker) found an amazing deal on what we needed for the desktop. The desktop is actually a necessity, as our old computer is 10 years old...it's limping along. The other day Hamburger discovered he could no longer upload photos to eBay, and I convinced him to jump into the 21st century, computer-wise.

So then I had computer envy. My laptop still works fine, but it's starting to lag, and the fan runs all the freakin' time. Since it'll be four years old soon, I decided to treat myself to a new laptop. Now I'm counting the days until it's delivered. And trying to think of a name for a green computer. Maybe Kermit?

19 comment(s):

Terri said...

Sweet pea?

Ti said...

I have a MacBook but many of my co-workers love their colored Dells. Green... let's see.. should be food related to go along with the whole Hamburger and Softdrink thing.. what about Pickle? Or a cuter name, Gherkin? How cute is that?

Chris said...

Congrats on the beautifully colored Dell...I don't think I can go back to PCs after getting this Mac :p But it's so exciting to get a new computer...enjoy it! I'm with Ti...I like Gherkin :p

Melanie said...

Congratulations on your new computer. I love my green Dell. Never thought about naming though, I'll have to think about it.

Eva said...

Yay for treating yourself! And such a pretty colour too! :) I have to bring my Toshiba in to the store and hope it can be resuscitated.

I like Sweet Pea and Gherkin, depending on what sort of vibe you're going for.

Stephanie said...

My husband bought me a green Dell laptop last year at Christmas and it's still running great! Enjoy yours!

Ladytink_534 said...

Kermit is a great name lol! I have to admit I'm a little jealous and I just got my laptop at the beginning of the year! I want a pretty blue one...

lilly said...

'Computer Envy' - that's funny.
Kermit is a good name.

Lisa said...

Also jealous!

I like Sweet Pea or heck, just call it "envy". As in "green with".

Jo-Jo said...

Good for you...I think we will be needing a new home computer soon! Things have been acting strange with it lately...yikes!

Dawn - She is Too Fond of Books said...

Well, the color is more of a Kermit than Chartreuse (and that's taken anyway!) ... I like Ti's Pickle idea.

Let us know what you decide. Hey, does your car have a name, too? I've never really named inanimate objects (except my kids' blankies!) ... too many very animated objects around here!

girasoli said...

Congrats!! I LOVE my new laptop (a mac). One plus I have discovered having a laptop is that it even works for while in a power outage! Hmmm names huh? Well, I would vote for Gherkin or Dill?? Hey I just realized...dill dell...how about that? Are you giving out prizes for a name??

trish said...

Suh-weet! It's purty. My boss has that same color...I'm jealous. Mine's a boring silver.

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

I have a love thing with my new little lap top!
I know you will too. :-)

lisamm said...

Guacamole?

Verde? (spanish for green)

Bean? (as in green bean)

Kelly? Jade? Olive?

I love my iMac but never thought to name it!

cali said...

I don't have a name but it's attractive. I love that color green.

cali said...

Maybe I do have name suggestions: lotus or zen. It looks peaceful.

Dreamybee said...

Oh, how cute is your little green computer!? I like Kermit, but then I've always been kind of partial to Kermit. :)

Dar said...

Yaaaaaaaaaay. A new computer is always fun-mine is blue.

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top