- Fizzy Thoughts: Ho Ho Ho

Ho Ho Ho

Wednesday, December 24, 2008


Evidently most of you have been naughty, because Santa did not get very many letters from you all. However, he did really enjoy the ones he did receive.

He wanted me to give a shout out to Eva for the treats, and the water for the reindeer (much appreciated). Also, to Dawn for the cheese...Santa says it's nice to see something different after 349 billion cookies. Ti, Santa says not to worry...no coal in your stocking. And he's looking forward to his stop at your house this evening, as he's got some presents for the kids. Sarah, Santa says Mrs. Claus is a big Emily Dickinson fan, and he's impressed by your scholarly diligence. Jo-Jo, Santa is verrrrrrrry impressed with your charitable efforts and he wishes you a very Merry Christmas. And Veens, Santa very much enjoyed meeting you, and visiting India!

Finally, beastmomma, Santa is so happy you made it home safely for the holidays. He says you are always invited for the holidays. In fact, he'd like to invite you to pick out your book!

That's right, the winner of the very first "write a letter to Santa contest" is beastmomma. Woo-hoo! No need to decide right away what book you'd like, but if you'd let me know sometime in the next week, that would be just spiffy. And if you could email me with your address, that would be even spiffier. For the others mentioned above (Eva, Dawn, Ti, Sarah, Jo-Jo and Veens), I'll send you a book from the book closet, if there is anything you are interested in. First come, first serve, though...so check the comments before you lay claim to a book. Thanks to everyone for being silly with me!

As for the rest of you, well, there's a whole new year coming up. Plenty of time to be nice and work on your letter to Santa!


Happy Holidays!

14 comment(s):

Ali said...

What a nice giveaway! I meant to write my letter, but like the book reviews I've yet to write, it got waylaid by the hunt for diverse books for the reading challenge. Sorry, Santa!

Ti said...

That's nice of you to give us losers a shot at the book closet. LOL! Life After Genius looks interesting to me. If it's still up for grabs, I'll take it off your hands.

I am waiting for the kids to fall asleep so Santa can come. May be awhile before that happens.

Merry Christmas!

thereedfamily[at]sbcglobal[dot]net

jdeq said...

Have a wonderful Christmas - all the best in 2009!

Eva said...

I second Ti-that's so sweet of you to give everyone access to the book closet! :) Can I have Paris to the Moon? I'll e-mail you my addy here at my parents, since I won't be back in CA for awhile. And Merry Christmas softdrink!!

bermudaonion said...

Merry Christmas!

Veens said...

ohh no! I didn't win ?! :(
ok Cheering up again at the nxt para ;) :)

Veens said...

thanks .. u r so Cute :) :)
But this I don't want any book from you :):)

I consider the one you send me a Big present indeed :)

Thanks a Lot! It was FUN writing a Letter to Santa anyways :)

HAPPY HOLIDAYS and a very MERRY CHRISTMAS :)

Jo-Jo said...

Oh you are just great! Thanks so much! I would love to have Going Down South if it is still available. Otherwise Riding With the Queen sounds very interesting. Merry Christmas to you!

And guess what...my sister got out of the hospital last weekend and I got an IPOD! Hurray!

joannelong74@gmail.com

girasoli said...

Ho Ho Ho!! Merry Merry!!

Dawn - She is Too Fond of Books said...

Congrats to beastmomma ... may all your Christmas dreams come true.

And softdrink, aren't you good to us!?? I'd love to help you clean out your closet with Jennie Shortridge's *Riding with the Queen* Thank you!

I hope you had (and are still having) a great Christmas!

jessi said...

Congrats to beastmomma, and Merry Christmas to you, Jill! I felt guilty about entering this contest because I just won The Last Days of Dogtown - which I'm about halfway through. :)

beastmomma said...

OH MY GOSH---- YES, VIRGINIA THERE IS A SANTA CLAUSE (or at least a softdrink)!!!!!

Oh softdrink, you made me so happy. I will e-mail you soon. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

bookworm said...

:O thank you! I'd like It's Not About the Tapas. How can I contact you to send you my address? (I'm a bit wary of posting my email right here, sorry)

This totally makes up for only getting 2 books for Christmas!

Dawn - She is Too Fond of Books said...

Hi softdrink! My lovely consolation prize came in the mail today - wow, was that quick! I'm starting to think that maybe you -do- have reindeer and a sleigh!

Thanks so much! Happy New Year to you and hamburger!!

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top