- Fizzy Thoughts: In Memory of Dewey

In Memory of Dewey

Monday, December 01, 2008


A Leaf Fell
by Raymond A. Foss

a shriveled, curled leaf
fluttered toward the ground
as I stood, still, watching its path
gliding, curling through the December air
falling toward me, catching on my suit jacket
ever so briefly, falling further to the ground, lost instantly in the leaves
already there, joining its brethren
in the passage from life to renewed life
in the turning over of itself to the earth

****************************************

I'll miss you, Dewey.

14 comment(s):

Stephanie said...

That was just beautiful. Poor Dewey.

bermudaonion said...

Wow, that is the perfect poem. Just think how her family must feel since we're all so sad.

beastmomma said...

A lovely poem for such a sad occasion.

Amy said...

What a beautiful poem.

girasoli said...

How sad. Beautiful poem.

Ray Foss said...

I'm glad if my poem can bring some comfort.

Dar said...

That's beautiful Jill...

shelburns said...

That's so beautiful. My heart has been heavy since reading the news yesterday.

Veens said...

Thats a b'ful poem.

Bogsider said...

That was beautiful. I was shocked to read the news about Dewey's passing yesterday even though I only knew her for such a short time.

Louise

Lexi said...

I'll miss her too. She's how I found out about your blog, through your cheerleading during the Read-a-Thon!

Bookfool said...

That was beautiful.

Joanne said...

Beautiful tribute.

cali said...

absolutely beautiful...

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top