- Fizzy Thoughts: a message from Chris

a message from Chris

Saturday, December 06, 2008

Hi folks.

Chris here. Chris Tree. You may remember me from a couple of years ago, when I was just a sapling. I've grown a lot since then, huh? I just arrived at Hamburger and Softdrink's house from my timeshare in Softdrink's mom's backyard. That's where I like to spend the rest of the year. 'Cause she has other plants in her backyard, and she waters us, and takes care of us. It's good times there.


But I like to spend the holidays with 'Burger and 'Drink. Especially since I'm not so much into the bling, and they go for a minimalist holiday theme. Plus, my needles were getting a little cold, and as nice as Softdrink's mom is, she wasn't about to knit 500 mittens for all of my needles. So I like to spend December indoors, right in front of the tv. Hamburger and I can't wait for the Charlie Brown Christmas special to come on.

Anyhoosie, I just wanted to say hi and pass on some holiday cheer. I wish you all lots of...


...this holiday season.

Bye!

-Chris (aka the tree)

15 comment(s):

jdeq said...

That is a fine looking Christmas tree!

Melissa said...

That is one super cute tree. :)

Chris said...

Good name for your Christmas tree ;) I like him!

softdrink said...

Awww...Jerry and Melissa - you made Chris blush. He says thanks.

And Chris, Chris says yes, it's an excellent name. :-D

Ti said...

Chris is adorable!

Veens said...

Chris is sooper cute :)

and only u can write something like this :)

This was soooooper cute :)

girasoli said...

My how you have grown :)

Love this post!!

Bogsider said...

Chris looks like a healthy little tree ;o)

Dar said...

lol-Chris Tree. Yes, you have certainly grown and you look fabulous! Great post!

bkclubcare said...

You've inspired me! ==> I'm going to take a picture of the "JOY" on my tree and post it!

Ladytink_534 said...

Lol. Cute!

Dawn said...

Right back atcha with those holiday wishes, Chris (Mr. Tree?), and Softdrink and Hamburger, of course!

I think your great-uncle is in my living room right now ... He looks great now, but I think he's starting to lose his hair :)

Joanne said...

LOL - I can just imagine a very british sounding voice stating "the name is Tree... Chris Tree" :)

Very cute, how big should he (or is it a she) get?

Bookfool said...

LOL Too cute! I like your minimalist tree and the way you recycle him, so to speak.

Ramya said...

cute post..and a cute tree..:) How did you decide to name him Chris? and how did you decide it was a "him"??:)

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top