- Fizzy Thoughts: Sedaris it ain't

Sedaris it ain't

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Of all the books, and all the authors in the world, I get this crap...

The following authors are coming to your area in the next 2 weeks. Below this list you'll find the details on their events:

BradyGames, author of Octagon (Ultimate Fighting Championship)
Barnes & Noble
Monday, December 15, 7:00 PM
894 Marsh St Bldg G, San Luis Obispo, CA


I'm so dumb-founded I can't even think of a suitably scathing remark. Help me out here, people!

16 comment(s):

Dreamybee said...

LOL-That's Hawaii-style, right there! (UFC is big out here.) You would think authors would get excited about coming out to Hawaii, because, you know, it's Hawaii, but I guess the lack of literacy throws them. Go figure.

bermudaonion said...

We don't seem to get big names around here much either. Or, if we do, I don't hear about it.

bethany said...

Haha, that is really funny. Yeah, sometimes really cool authors come to powells...I have yet to know about them before they come though. :)

Are you going!?!?!

Dar said...

LOL-we don't get any one exciting out in my neck of the woods either.

J.S. Peyton said...

The one time I saw Sedaris the line to see him was out the door and around the building. People had stood in line overnight. He was here a couple of months ago and the nosebleed seats started at $25.

Here in D.C. we get a fair amount of well-known writers, but for some reason I only know about it until it's too late. Maybe I'd make more an effort if I knew everyone isn't so lucky. =)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, well, the people of San Luis allowed Big Box bookstores like B & N and Borders to run The Earthling bookstore out of business -- as did the Santa Barbarians. Something tells me this has a role in the quality of author events you're noticing.

Ladytink_534 said...

My husband loves that crap lol. Ugh...

Ti said...

I think you summed it up with the term "crap".

Jo-Jo said...

LOL! Now that is funny! That pretty much sums up where I live also. Except that David Wroblewski, author of The Story of Edgar Sawtelle, was in the area about a month ago, because this is where his novel pretty much took place. Now that was big news for our little town! Probably have to wait for another 10 years or so for something like that.

Ramya said...

LOL! that's funny!:) So, are you going??:)

softdrink said...

Am I going?? Hah!

Lexi said...

What?! You have NO interest in the fascinating world of Ultimate Fighting? Grown men beating each other to a bloody pulp doesn't thrill you to your toes?!

At least you GET authors coming to your town. My little tiny town never sees anyone, even Ultimate Fighting Champions, coming here to pimp their books.

Veens said...

hehehe! :)

As Lexi says.. I have never seen any author in my life time :) u r way better-off than me :)

Joanne said...

LMAO - I cannot believe there is a book like this!

Although I have been known to watch it occasionally, mainly to heckle their sissy fighting - too much hugging :)

Stephanie said...

LOL! That's awful. We don't get anything at ALL in my neck of the woods, but recently I was able to drive an hour and have my son get a book signed by Mary Pope Osborne (author of the Magic Tree House series).

Better luck next time, right? :)

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top