- Fizzy Thoughts: Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesday

Tuesday, December 09, 2008


  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
  • Please avoid spoilers!
"Like a creature leaving a chrysalis, she began the metamorphosis from slave to muse. He found he likes to contemplate her curled up on the lawn while he ate his morning scone and he liked to watch her peeling loquats while he worked on his conjugation of Croatian intransitives."

from Crescent, by Diana Abu-Jaber



And don't forget to enter my Matrimony giveaway!

9 comment(s):

cali said...

This book sounds extremely interesting based on your teaser.

Here's my Tuesday Teaser.

Ti said...

This is the second teaser today that has caught my eye.

Dar said...

Hmmmmmmmmm, very interesting...I will be watching for this review.

Terri said...

Ohhh, I loved that book! Some very sensuous writing and a good story. I have Arabian Jazz, her first book, sitting on my TBR shelf. Soon. (I didn't care for her mystery, Origin, though.)

Wendi B. - Wendi's Book Corner ~ Rainy Day Reads in Seattle said...

I haven't seen this book yet, so will look forward to your review. Thanks for the teaser!

Here's my Teaser!

Wendi

TruBlu93 said...

I just posted my first teaser!

=)
TruBlu

http://trublu93.blogspot.com/2008/12/teaser-tuesday.html

Veens said...

I feel like a dumb-head, i can hardly capture the meaning.. lemme re-read it :(

Jo-Jo said...

Interesting teaser...now I have to go see what a loquat is!

Ramya said...

what?? what is a loquat? and he's working on Croatian intransitives?? that's a pretty interesting teaser.. is the book as interesting as the teaser??

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top