- Fizzy Thoughts: Time is of the essence

Time is of the essence

Thursday, December 11, 2008


1. Do you get to read as much as you WANT to read?

Not only no, but h-e-double hockey sticks no. I’d love to stay home and read all day long. Or stay up all night and read. But I have to go to work so I can buy all the books that then sit around my house feeling neglected and unloved. It’s a vicious circle, I tell ya.

2. If you had (magically) more time to read–what would you read? Something educational? Classic? Comfort Reading? Escapism? Magazines?

I would read all of the above-mentioned neglected books. I can hear them calling my name when I’m asleep. Those are mostly fiction books published within the past 5 years, with some travel memoirs thrown in to make me dream about places I want to go. I always think I’d like to read Newsweek on a regular basis, but let’s be real. Given more time, I’d just pick up a book instead.

7 comment(s):

bermudaonion said...

I don't think any true reader has enough reading time.

Megan said...

I think your number one is exactly what I would say! I so envy people that say that they can stay up all night and read with no or few repercussions. I, for one, have to get up and go to work at 5:30 in the morning so I can keep feeding the habit that I don't have near enough time for. Oh, the irony! ;-)

jessi said...

There's never enough time, but at least it helps us appreciate the books we do get a chance to read, right? :)

Ti said...

I would be satisfied if I had a guaranteed hour of uninterrupted time. That's it. One hour! You'd think it would be doable.

Ramya said...

right now, i am pretty free in life. i think i am the only one who said "yes.. i have enough time to read" in response to this week's question.. I can read day in and day out.. but i am quite satisfied with the time i am getting now..:)

Veens said...

ohh yeah... i have to work to get these books and then let them wait there ) till i have the time for them :)
hehehe! same ol' story :)

Julia said...

I hear my books calling me from the TBR piles too, and I know they're always conspracy against me LOL

Thanks for visiting my blog. I wish you and your family a Happy Holidays!

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top