- Fizzy Thoughts: Inspired

Inspired

Thursday, January 22, 2009


Since “Inspiration” is (or should) the theme this week … what is your reading inspired by?

Lots of things:

People
This means you. In fact, my tbr pile is all your fault. I find plenty of interesting books by reading everyone’s blogs.

Authors
Technically, they’re people too. :-) But I’ve been known to pick up a book by a particular author just because I’ve enjoyed their previous work.

Places
I like travel memoirs. I’ll go on binges with these books, especially when I have a hankering to be an ex-pat. Not that it would happen, but I can dream, right? Or live vicariously through others.

Mood
This is hard to explain, but I’m guessing you know what I mean. I like variety, and depending what I’m in the mood for, my reading tastes vary. Also, when I'm browsing through a bookstore, my mood affects what I end up bringing home.

Cover art
I’m a sucker for a beautiful cover. There have been plenty of books purchased because their covers caught my eye.

I'm sure there are other inspiring things, but that's what popped into my head for now.

8 comment(s):

bermudaonion said...

Great post. I think some publisher don't realize just what good cover art can do for a book.

Rebecca said...

Your comment about "my tbr is all your fault" made me smile. My TBR pile was big enough and then nearly every time I read a review on one of my favorite blogs, there goes another book into the stack! It keeps increasing instead of decreasing in size!

Wrighty - said...

That's a great list. I know just what you mean. I'm sure you get tons of awards but here's another one! You deserve them.
http://wrightysreads.blogspot.com/

Melody said...

Oh yes! I do inspired by cover art too! :)

Melanie said...

Actually, I think my TBR pile is YOUR fault for sharing so many good titles. I think you described it all weel, mood, cover, author. Title will sometimes inspire me also.

Dar said...

Great post Jill. My tbr definitely suffers because of you-I can't tell you how many titles that are on it that you are solely responsible for. lol.

Have a great weekend.

Ti said...

Cover art still plays a huge role with me. I often have a hard time checking stuff out from the library if the cover is, well... blah!

Ali said...

I like travel memoirs, too. Also, just books set in other parts of the world in general. Books where the setting is almost a character, itself.

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top