- Fizzy Thoughts: out with the old, in with the new

out with the old, in with the new

Thursday, January 01, 2009

Well, last night I went to bed with the hint of a sore throat. And this morning I woke up with a raging sore throat and the sniffles. Not what I was expecting for the new year. Can I have a do-over?

Today's goal (along with the consumption of large amounts of vitamin C) is to wrap up 2008 on the blog and lay out my plans for 2009. Not that I have big plans, but I do have a challenge post to write, and a 2009 Books Read post to get started, and a sidebar in need of updating. And two reviews to write so that I'm officially finished with 2008. Oh yes, and it's Thursday. So expect a flurry of posts.

I thought (briefly) of a wrap-up post for 2008, but I'm not a very reflective person. And I'm fickle about favorites. Last night, while I was hanging out with the chickens, I ran across this cartoon which I think works quite well as my summary post:


I have, however, enjoyed everyone else's wrap-ups and summaries and year in review posts, especially Eva with her uber-organizationalism, and Chris, with his list of 16.

I'm looking forward to a 2009 filled with books and book bloggers...and I wish you all much happiness for the upcoming year. Happy 2009 everyone!

12 comment(s):

bermudaonion said...

I hope you're feeling better soon.

Dawn - She is Too Fond of Books said...

Happy New Year to you!

I don't make resolutions, but I have a long to-do list starting today.

I hope the Vit C does the trick :)

Megan said...

Sorry to hear you're feeling sick already in the New Year. Given that half of my family is sick, I imagine I'll be following in the same path in the near future. Wish I could stay home and wrap up/start new things on my blog, but alas, but no, it's off to family gathering number 2. Anyhow - Happy New Year and feel better soon!

Beth F said...

Relax today and pamper yourself. Hope you feel better soon.

Eva said...

I hope you feel better soon! :) And thanks for the shout-out, lol. What's funny is I'm so organised with most things, but my room is in utter chaos right now.

Ti said...

I woke with the same sore throat as you. Ugh!

Don't fret over catching up on the 2008 stuff. New Year's fell on a Thursday so that means you have the entire weekend before we truly recognize 2009. Right?

Chris said...

And a happy, happy 2009 to you too! I'm so sorry to hear that you're feeling sick :( I woke up with a sore throat too this morning but of course that's probably because of too much alcohol and cigarettes last night :p Love the new look of the site by the way!! It's fantastic. And I love that comic strip too!

girasoli said...

Whoa! What a surprise! Like the new look (although also loved the old look). Hope you are feeling better soon. Getting sick sucks.

Joanne said...

Ugghh hope you're feeling better soon - along with the Vitamin C I find that peppermint tea really helps if I have a sore throat.

Love this comic too - I find myself saying meh quite often - it takes much less energy that shrugging :)

Pam said...

What a terrible way to start the New Year! Maybe you are getting all your colds out of the way so you can enjoy the rest of the year!

Dar said...

Not a great way to start the new year. Sure hope you're feeling better already.

Lexi said...

Ick. Sorry you're not feeling well. I brought a horrible cold back with me from the Frozen Tundra, then exacerbated it by sitting outside in the chilly night air on New Year's.

Feel better soon, and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top