- Fizzy Thoughts: Sharing the love

Sharing the love

Monday, January 05, 2009

When I revamped the blog I lost all of my cool awards I had posted in my sidebar. Oh sure, I could hunt them down again, but I'm lazy.

Lucky for me, people still like me, and I have three new awards to brag about.

This first one means a lot, since it is from Dar, one of the bloggers I most admire.




1. Put the logo on your blog.
2. Add a link to the person who awarded you. (Thanks again, Dar!)
3. Award up to ten other blogs.
4. Add links to those blogs on yours.
5. Leave a message for your awardees on their blogs.

I'm going to keep this short and go with Joanne at The Book Zombie and Chris of Stuff as Dreams are Made On, because they both have eclectic taste and I'm convinced they're both very cool people with very cool blogs.

Back before Christmas, Wrighty bestowed this one on me:


  • Mention the blog that gave it to you.
  • Comment on her blog to let her know you have posted the award.
  • Share 6 values that are important to you.
  • Share 6 things you do not support.
  • Share the love with six other wonderful blogging friends.

Whew, this one takes some thought.

Six values that are important to me:

  • Humor
  • Silliness
  • Curiosity
  • Open-mindedness
  • Freedom
  • Cooperation

Six things I do not support:

  • Intolerance
  • Snobbery
  • Bullying
  • Inconsideration
  • Taking yourself too seriously
  • Ethnocentrism

Sharing the love with six bloggers who for me are the antithesis of ethnocentrism (and who might have already received this...sorry for any duplication!):


And finally, eons ago Veens gave me this one:



At last count, I have 81 great buddies..that's the number of blogs in my Google Reader.

15 comment(s):

Chris said...

Aw...thank you Jill! Right back atcha! I'll proudly accept that grammatically incorrect award :)

bethany said...

thank you!!! :) you are sooo sweet, I love getting pretty awards.

Eva said...

I love being called 'the antithesis of ethnocentrism'!!! Easily the most unique compliment ever. Thanks so much!

Beth F said...

Wow!! Thanks! I'm touched that you thought of me. I, too, love "the antithesis of ethnocentrism" designation! How cool.

Melissa said...

Wow. I'm seriously touched that you think I'm the antithesis of ethnocentrism. Really. Thanks.

Dar said...

Yaaaaay! You deserve them all Jill! Have a great day.

bermudaonion said...

Congratulations on a well deserved award.

Ali said...

Thank you! That means a lot to me. :-)

beastmomma said...

I love your new blog layout. Happy New Year!

J.S. Peyton said...

Congrats on the new awards! And major congrats on the revamped website. Very snazzy.

Dar said...

Shoot, I gave you yet another award to display on your blog today. Check it out.

Melody said...

Congrats on the awards! They're all well-deserved! :)

Melody said...

I just posted mine just a minute ago and I want to pass you the Butterfly Award too! :)

softdrink said...

Chris - hah! I'm glad someone finally pointed that out!

bethany, ali, beth, melissa and eva - you are all very welcome!

beastmomma and baddict - thanks...I aspire to snazziness. ;-)

Thank you Kathy!

Dar - you're the bestest!

Melody - thanks!

Joanne said...

Thanks for the award! You're a cool chick yourself :)

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top