- Fizzy Thoughts: Teaser Tuesday!

Teaser Tuesday!

Tuesday, January 20, 2009


  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
  • Please avoid spoilers!

"I smelled my grandma’s bosom. It smelled good."

From The Complete Persepolis, by Marjane Satrapi. Page 150.



And let me tell you, Teaser Tuesday is not easy with a graphic novel. I had to count frames (or whatever they're called), instead of lines.

12 comment(s):

Nymeth said...

I think the technical term is panels, but I could be wrong :P

You ended up with quite an interesting teaser, lol. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on the book.

Ruthie said...

I've never actually read a graphic novel. That does sound like quite the challenge.

I like your teasers, so I may just have to check this out. :) Made me think of my grandma ... she always had that unique smell of flour and Chanel no. 5. It was an unforgettable combination. :)

Dar said...

lol-yeh I guess it would be hard to come up with a teaser for a graphic novel.

This is a good one though-brings back memories of my grannies.

Jo-Jo said...

Ok...this made me laugh! Thanks for the teaser. Mine is here.

Kristi said...

This immediately brought a smile to my face - and it looks like I wasn't alone!

My teaser is here: http://booksandneedlepoint.blogspot.com/2009/01/teaser-tuesday-1-20-2009.html

Scobberlotcher said...

Now that's just cheating. You MUST find out more about the book after reading about the olfactory experience of a bosom.

Ladytink_534 said...

Lol, oookaay...

Wendi B. - Wendi's Book Corner ~ Rainy Day Reads in Seattle said...

Hmmm - interesting teaser - is a graphic novel like a really long comic book?

Here's my Teaser! ~ Wendi

Melody said...

LOL. I know what you mean!
And that's a great teaser!

Kim said...

Smiling here in Seattle...:)
Kim

Beth F said...

Great teaser!!!!

And my book from the shelf arrived safely yesterday. Thanks so much again for your generosity!

The Bumbles said...

Haha - I thought the only bosoms in graphic novels were from the younger variety!!!

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top