- Fizzy Thoughts: Teaser Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesdays

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:

  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
  • Please avoid spoilers!
"You, who have never even been to a Packers game wearing a gigantic wedge of yellow foam cheese on your head, much less added your name to the list of 74,000 people waiting for season's tickets?"
"Yes, me," I imagine myself saying, smiling, always smiling, because that is the state determined social contract among us, and perhaps adding that such a wedge (a cheddar-swiss hybrid, if you've never seen it) took up a precious amount of room in my New York City closet for a long time."


from State by State, edited by Matt Weiland and Sean Wilsey

And for your amusement, here I am at a Packers game with my cheesehead:

16 comment(s):

Jo-Jo said...

Oh I LOVE your teaser today! As you know I am from Northern Wisconsin and of course I have been to a Packer game...I am also on the waiting list for season tickets, currently at about 65,000! lol

bermudaonion said...

I love the picture!

sherry said...

You wear it well, SoftDrink.

Kathy said...

LOL thats a great teaser. Love your photo.

J.S. Peytons said...

Hey, you're reading "State by State!" Nice. I hope you're liking it so far. I've been enjoying my own romp through it. When it misses, it misses. But when it hits, it hits really well.

Great teaser and an even better pic!

LisaMM said...

What a perfect book for you, Cheesehead!

The Bumbles said...

Ha ha - love the picture to accompany the Teaser - brrr looks like you enjoyed the Frozen Tundra though.

I hope the depiction of MA in the book was wicked pissah as we say.

Eva said...

lol!! You must have been FROZEN.

softdrink said...

I have never been so cold in my life!!

Ladytink_534 said...

Mmkay? Can you tell I know zip about sports? Love the pic anyways!

Chris said...

Hahaha! That pic cracks me up :) And guess what? Book Zombie posted Dewey's review questionairre!

Ali said...

Never been to a Packers game, never worn a foam cheese head. But, was a cheesehead throughout my childhood and still retain my addiction to dairy products to prove my Wisconsin roots. :-)

Wendi B. - Wendi's Book Corner ~ Rainy Day Reads in Seattle said...

LOL! True fans!! Great teaser, and I do love the picture.

Here's my Teaser! ~ Wendi

Dawn - She is Too Fond of Books said...

too funny! It shows your team spirit and traps in body heat!

softdrink said...

Tink - football. And that's really all you need to know. ;-D

Kim said...

Now you are right....amusing! ;)
Kim
(page after page)

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top