- Fizzy Thoughts: Weekly Geeks 2009-01

Weekly Geeks 2009-01

Saturday, January 10, 2009


For this week's Weekly Geeks, Terri asks us to:

In the spirit of the amazing community building that Dewey was so good at, tell us about your favorite blogs, the ones you have bookmarked or subscribe to in your Google Reader, that you visit on a regular basis. Tell us what it is about these blogs that you love, that inspire or educate you or make you laugh. Be sure to link to them so we can find them too.

I have 87 blogs currently in my Google Reader, and I'm really sorry, but I'm not going to tell you all why I love you. If I did, we'd be here all week!

Instead, I'm going to mention a few of the bloggers that I've had the pleasure of working on the new Weekly Geeks site with. I could have focused on Canadian bloggers, or Slow Travel bloggers, or bloggers I've met in real life, or a million other different groups depending on my whims, but since today is our inaugural post at the new site, I thought it fitting to talk about a few of the bloggers I've been geeky with for the past few weeks.

Ali - Ali got us all going on the Weekly Geeks yahoo group, so hats off to Ali. She's hosting the wonderful Diversity Rocks Challenge, which I'm supporting in spirit. And I really like how she is always incorporating music into her posts with the inclusion of play lists. She has a wonderful blog and I'm glad I got to know her a little bit through Weekly Geeks.

Kim - although I am not participating, Kim is hosting the very popular Blog Improvement Project, and I've really enjoyed reading everyone's posts. And I love reading about what she's been reading...Kim's got some interesting books on her blog. Just recently she reviewed Brisingr and The Story of Sushi in the same post. Beat that.

Joanne - Joanne is our button maker extraordinaire! Besides her mad button making skills, she has a beautiful blog (not to mention an awesome screen name). I adore her eclectic taste in books and her sense of humor...and her commenting! I totally suck in comparison...please don't give up on me Joanne!

Chris - I always seem to see Chris in the comments of other blogs (usually referring to Chris as (other) Chris...or is she referring to herself?). Since I kept running into her, I finally added her to my Google Reader. Her blog is a nice mix of books and humor and other stuff. I like other stuff. And I know that sounds totally vague, but I'm sure there are some of you out there who totally understand what I just said.

Terri - Okay, yes I'm jealous of her retirement. But I try not to let that distract me from enjoying Terri's blog. And she stepped up to the plate and wrote the very difficult first post for the new site. Thank you, Terri...you chose a fitting tribute to Dewey.

Just as there are many other blogs in my Google Reader, there are other bloggers involved in Weekly Geeks. It has truly been a collaborative effort, and one I'm proud to be a part of!

7 comment(s):

Ali said...

Thanks, Jill! It's been a joy to work with you, and reading your blog regularly has been an enormous side benefit. Thank you for all the hard work you've done to make the WG comeback possible, and for becoming a friend in the process.

Kerrie said...

Just letting you know I've dropped in from Weekly Geeks and browsed your interesting blog Jill. So much to explore!

Nymeth said...

Everyone would so laugh at me if I said how many blogs I have in my reader...it's in the triple digits :P I think the only way I can pick a few is do what you did...choose a theme and go with it.

Thank you again for bringing WG back...you all rock.

Eva said...

Y'all are so great for taking on Weekly Geeks! That being said, there's no way I can do this one, because like Nymeth I have waaay too many blogs in my reader. :p lol

bermudaonion said...

What a great bunch of blogs. A couple of them are new to me and I will be checking them out!

Melody said...

Thanks for taking on WG, Jill!
I won't be playing this week since I've too many favourite blogs to list, and I'll feel bad if I miss any one of them! However, I do have a great time reading everyone's posts! :)

grayskyeyes said...

Thanks Jill! And thanks also for all the work you've been doing with getting Weekly Geeks back going -- I think the site looks beautiful. There are a lot of great bloggers helping out with getting Weekly Geeks going again, it's been fun.

Kim

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top