- Fizzy Thoughts: Authors Talking

Authors Talking

Thursday, February 12, 2009


Do you read any author’s blogs? If so, are you looking for information on their next project? On the author personally? Something else?

Unless any of you guys aren't telling me something, I don't have a single author's blog in my Google Reader. However...

I do occasionally stop by Karen Harrington's blog, Scobberlotch, because she participates in some of the weekly memes. And she likes the chickens. And she's a wonderful commenter.

Also, I check in on Neil Gaiman every once in awhile. Because, well, he's Gaiman.

And the other day I was at Jay Asher's blog (Thirteen Reasons Why) trying to pretend I wasn't being all stalkerish so I could find his email to ask him to sign a copy of his book for a giveaway for the Dewey's Books Reading Challenge. (By the way, he agreed (woo-hoo!)...we just have to work out the logistics. So if you're interested in trying to win a signed copy of the awesome Thirteen Reasons Why, you better join the Dewey's Books Challenge and stay tuned for next month's mini-challenge.)

5 comment(s):

bermudaonion said...

I check out several authors' blogs from time to time. Karen Harrington's is the only one in my reader.

Robin of My Two Blessings said...

I read Karen's blog periodically. There are several authors whose blogs I frequent - especially the group blogs. They are quite interesting.

NoBS said...

It seems bloggers have been keeping secrets! I'm finding all kind of great links!

gautami tripathy said...

I too like Karen's blog!

Authored, are we?!

Ramya said...

I never read author blogs and looks like I've been missing out on some great ones! This has been quite a useful BTT for me.. I've discovered great blogs! It is totally bad for my reader though.. it is already bursting with subscriptions!:)
btw, I received my copy of 13 reasons why from you and loved it!:)

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top