- Fizzy Thoughts: T time

T time

Wednesday, February 04, 2009


Trish, over at Hey Lady!, posted about all the O's she loves. Okay, ten of them. You see, there seems to be a letter meme running amok. All you have to do is ask for your letter, and voila...instant post topic. Trish assigned me the letter T. So here are ten T things that I love...

1. Travel – It just so happens that I posted about my love of travel the other day. With the exception of reading, it’s my favoritist thing. (Hamburger isn't a thing, he's a person, that would be why he's not in that list.)

2. Text – as in words on a page. You didn’t think I wouldn’t manage to somehow work reading or books into this list, did you?


3. Three-day weekends – I almost hate to say this, but I almost always have three-day weekends. That’s because I flex and work 4 ten hour days. I have Mondays off, and I love it!

4. Tarmac – When you’re leaving on a trip, the airport runway can be a beautiful thing.

5. Tea – green tea lattes, Irish breakfast tea, Tazo Calm tea, tea with scones and clotted cream…


6. Thames – the river that runs through London. I’m cheating a bit, because I love London and this is as close as I could come. Wait, I could have said the Tower of London. Also a wonderful place…if you ever have the chance to watch the Ceremony of the Keys at night, it’s an awesomely spooky thing to witness.


7. Thirties – of which I will only belong to for 76 more days. I’m really going to miss them.

8. TGIF – Actually, I never say TGIF, but again, I’m cheating a bit to get to the word Friday.

9. Thermostat – I lurve the thermostat in my house. And the one in my car. And the knob that is a cousin to the thermostat that turns on the little heater under my desk. Because I love to be warm.

10. Trousers – Isn’t that a cool word? I love pants much more than I will ever love skirts or dresses.

Would you like to join in the fun? Leave me a comment requesting a letter, and I’ll get back to you with your homework assignment. All you have to do is talk about ten things that you love that start with that letter. Then, when people comment on your post, you assign them a letter, etc, etc, blah, blah, blah.

18 comment(s):

girasoli said...

This is tempting but it would depend on the letter. Would you be easy on me??

Eva said...

Love your list! :)

Dreamybee said...

Oooh, thermostats! What a wonderful invention, but only when they are set to your comfort zone! LOL. I love to be warm too. Being cold pisses me off. Great list!

bermudaonion said...

I think T was too easy for you! I can't believe you're almost 40 - you seem so young. Trish gave me P and I'm still working on my list.

lilly said...

Lol, you're funny. I love travel too, hopefully I'll love my thirties more than I did my twenties and you're soooo lucky to have three-day weekends.

Ramya said...

You better me nice to me Jill~:) I've been seeing this all around now and I haqve been extremely tempted.. but I am scared stiff that I'll get a X, Z or worse, Q! I love your innovativeness (as I( have told you many times in the past).. I love the way you somehow linked all your favortire things to "T" instead of hunting for things you liked with a "T"!:)

Beth F said...

Great list!!! I didn't think of using my age (fits the "F" I got), but that was clever.

This is really fun to do and read.

softdrink said...

girasoli - I was soooo easy on you! I left you your letter on your blog. Have fun!

Eva - thanks!

dreamybee - yes, I didn't mention our office thermostat, because it's always set to a/c. Even now! Ugh!

Kathy - I'll take that as a compliment. ;-)

lilly - the 30's were great! The 20's were fun, but the 30's had money to travel!

Ramya - innovativeness sounds so much better than cheating. Thanks! And I left you your letter on your blog.

Beth - it was fun, wasn't it?

Dar said...

Cute post---I love the thermostat too especially living in Canada. lol.

Chris said...

That was so much fun to read! Ok...I want a letter :D Just please don't give me X :(

Melanie said...

I too love tea, and my thirties, and trousers (so Nancy Drew!)

Melanie said...

I too love tea, and my thirties, and trousers (so Nancy Drew!)

beastmomma said...

Since I am running out of blogging ideas, I would love to have a letter. I already got assigned a P, but I would love another :)

trish said...

Hrmph. How did I not make the list? Or TLC Book Tours? ;-)

Or what about The Festival of Books coming up????? I hope you know that I've already confirmed you as going (in my world).

Stephanie said...

What a fun list!!

beastmomma said...

I posted my list with your assignment: http://beastmomma.squarespace.com/life-from-the-belly-of-the-bea/c-is-for-cookie.html

Anonymous said...

I would love to have a letter to use for my blog.

Sheri

Anne said...

girasoli assigned me the letter "C", but I'd love to get a letter from you too, so can ya lay one on me?! (Need all the help I can get with this blog every day challenge!)

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top