- Fizzy Thoughts: Taking the me out of meme

Taking the me out of meme

Friday, February 20, 2009

This is a fun meme that's going around. Since I've been neglectful about the Friday book closet thing, I'm going to challenge you to answer a few of the questions. First person to get an answer (to any of the questions...you don't have to guess them all...this way we can potentially have multiple winners) gets to choose a book from the closet. There are five questions scattered throughout the meme...I'll give away a book for each correct answer. Good luck!

What are your middle names?
Mine is Lora. Hamburger is named after a famous (but not necessarily one you'll immediately think of) painter, although it's spelled differently.

How long have you been together?
Take a guess.

How long did you know each other before you started dating?
We were friends for a few months, then HB graduated from college and moved away for about 4 months. When he came back to the Central Coast we started dating.

Who asked whom out?
I have no clue.

How old are each of you?
39 and 42. I will always be younger, and I'm petty enough to remind him of that.

Whose siblings do you see the most?
Neither really. We see my bro and his sis whenever we get together with our mom's for dinner or lunch or whatever.

Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple?
I can't think of one.

Did you go to the same school?
We went to the same college (and even had the same major), but we didn't meet until a few months before he graduated.

Are you from the same home town?
No, but for most of our childhoods we lived about 30 miles from each other. His high school regularly kicked my high school's ass in football.

Who is smarter?
HB will say I am, but we're smart in different ways. He's definitely got more practical skills. I'm the nerd.

Who is the most sensitive?
Neither really, although I cry over books and movies.

Where do you eat out most as a couple?
Lolo's, the local Mexican restaurant.

Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple?
I don't know, you tell me. We've been there four times.

Who has the craziest exes?
Hamburger.

Who has the worst temper?
We are both pretty mellow, although the neighbor's barking dogs will make HB go ballistic much faster than me.

Who does the cooking?
Mostly me, but if I buy the right ingredients he'll cook a meal or two. And he's perfectly happy making himself a sandwich for dinner.

Who is the neat-freak?
Me, no doubt about it.

Who is more stubborn?
About what? I'm more patient, so I'll stick with something longer...that's sort of like being stubborn.

Who hogs the bed?
Neither. We both stick to our own sides. We even have separate covers, because we don't share well.

Who wakes up earlier?
Hamburger, and you should be able to tell me why. Actually, there are two possible answers here.

Where was your first date?
If I can't remember who asked who out, do you really think I'll remember this? As friends, we went for a bike ride. As a date, it might have been dinner at This Ol' House, a local restaurant that is no more.

Who is more jealous?
Not an issue.

How long did it take to get serious?
After the friend period, not long at all.

Who eats more?
Depends on the time of day. Me in the morning and for lunch, HB at the end of the day, especially when it comes time for his post-dinner snack.

Who does the laundry?
We each do our own, because our laundry doesn't hang out together. As both a construction worker and a guy who likes to work on motorcycles, HB can get beyond grungy.

Who’s better with the computer?
Me.

Who drives when you are together?
Usually me, because we're in my car. HB has a work truck and a surf van, neither which are good around town or as long distance vehicles. Final question, what is the name of the surf van?

16 comment(s):

Ti said...

Ok..I want to say that you've been together for 10 years. That's my guess.

girasoli said...

Who wakes up earlier? - Hamburger does because you are a "night owl living a morning person's life." - straight from a comment on my blog :)

I also think I know the travel question but will let someone else guess that one.

Fun meme!!

softdrink said...

Ti, I'm afraid you're a bit off. We met in college... Wanna try again?

girasoli...excellent! I stay up late reading on the weekends...and HB is currently asleep on the couch. He'll probably wake up at 4:30 tomorrow and drink coffee until it's light enough to go check the surf. What book would you like? Oh, and I'm sure you know the travel question!

Wrighty - said...

You've been together 17 years.

5wrights1@verizon.net

Ali said...

I should know the travel question, but I'm too tired to think straight. I did this meme this morning though, after seeing it on Bethany's blog. My answers are here.

Beth F said...

Great fun to read this! I'm enjoying everyone's answers.

bermudaonion said...

This almost felt like a pop quiz to see if we've been paying attention. lol This meme has been fun.

Joanne said...

Okay I'll take a guess at the last one - I'm pretty sure the surf van is named Gunther.

As a side note: I find it the coolest of awesome that you guys have a surf van. Do you know how depressing it is seeing the surfers around here driving craptastic BMWs and those horrible Smart cars. Seriously they need to tow a trailer just to carry their boards *rolls eyes* :P

If I surfed - which I never will seeing that I can't swim and have the co-ordination of a tazered ostrich - I would drive a Woodie. Hell, I'd drive a Woodie now!

softdrink said...

Wrighty - yup, 17 years! Congratulations! And let me know your pick froim the book closet!

Kathy - well, I did used to be a teacher, so pop quizzes are my thing. :-D

Jo - Woo-hoo! Gunther is so pleased that you know his name. Do you know what book you'd like?

So, no guesses on HB's middle name? I'll admit it's odd and not very obvious. The painter was European, but not French. And what about our mutual vacation? HB hates sightseeing, so that pretty much rules out Europe.

girasoli said...

Wow, I won something...yippeeee!! I will take Practical Magic if it is still in your closet. thanks :)

jdeq said...

The 'together one' was easy - it's on the sidebar! LOL

I don't know about the 'travel together' spot 'cause I know that you like separate vacations. I do seem to recall that you hang out in Sunriver together every few years with the in-laws.

Great meme.

Melissa said...

No guesses... but I tagged you for a meme, if you feel up to doing another one...

trish said...

I knew how long you guys have been together, but alas, someone else beat me to the punch. This is one of my favorite memes so far...so fun to learn about bloggers' other halves!

Wrighty - said...

Yay! Yep, I got the easy one. I think I know the travel question but not sure. Gunther is a very cool name and I didn't know it but I did search out of curiosity. This was a fun way to learn more about you!

I've wanted to read The Historian but I live in NY state. Would that be too expensive to ship? If so I can pick a different book. Thanks!

lisamm said...

I think I've got the travel question.. Green Bay, Wisconsin? I remember some cheesehead pictures..

chartroose said...

I'm gonna call you Jillora from now on, because I think it's cool, plus it sounds like a World of Warcraft Night Elf Druid name.

You are now Jillora the Night Elf!

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top