- Fizzy Thoughts: Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesday

Tuesday, February 24, 2009


TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
  • Please avoid spoilers!

“Is it real?” a scabby boy blurted out, unable to contain himself any longer.
The wing of the story-teller unfolded and gave a single beat before furling itself again inside the cloak.


From Company of Liars, by Karen Maitland

14 comment(s):

Kim said...

yewww.........! Scabby boy? What a mental picture that evokes. :)
*smiles*
Kim

Nise' said...

Great word picture teaser.

Kaye said...

A winged storyteller, that sounds most interesting. I don't think I have ever heard of this book. thanks for sharing.

Here is mine

stacybuckeye said...

Interesting. Thanks for sharing :)

Phyl said...

I love that! You have a feeling it's going to go one way, and then that wing shows up, and completely throws you.

Meanwhile, here's mine.

Amy @ Passages to the Past said...

I loved, loved, loved this book! How are you liking it?

Jo-Jo said...

hmmm...this is a definite teaser! A wing AND a cloak...what's next?

Ladytink_534 said...

Ooh neat! It really captures your curiousty and imagination doesn't it?

Karen H. said...

Scabby boy. I don't think I'll forget that.

Kaye said...

Just wanted to pop back and say I'm glad you enjoyed the teaser so much.Thanks for the "best" rating! Made me happy that people got a smile out of it. Lochdubh is a fun location with a lot of nutty characters.

lilly said...

I've heard a lot of good things about this book. I'll be sure to read your thoughts on it, if you care to share :-)

bkclubcare said...

OH! The one review of this I've read - from a respected non-book blogger - says it is MUST READ! I hope you are back in the land of fun fast enthralling love-to-read reading!

Dar said...

Hmmmm, interesting teaser. Makes me more than curious about this book.

Wheelchair said...

Hey, very nice site. I came across this on Google, and I am stoked that I did. I will definitely be coming back here more often. Wish I could add to the conversation and bring a bit more to the table, but am just taking in as much info as I can at the moment. Thanks for sharing.
Karma KM 2500 Wheelchair

Keep Posting:)

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top