- Fizzy Thoughts: Weekly Geeks 2009-07

Weekly Geeks 2009-07

Wednesday, February 25, 2009


This week we're interviewing characters!

Many of us have had an opportunity to interview an author, mostly through email, but perhaps even on the phone or in person. In fact, many of you have become experts at author interviews. So this week, let's pretend that we can get in contact with one of our favorite characters and interview them. What would you ask Mr. Darcy if you could send him an email. What would his answers be like? What would you say if you could just call up Liesel or Rudy from The Book Thief and ask them anything? How would they answer your questions? What if you could invite Jo March or Anne Shirley to lunch, what would the conversation be like?

Most of my favorite characters are a little peeved with me, because I tend to boot them out the door the moment I'm finished with them. However, Elmo sent us this little book for Valentine's Day, so I was pretty sure he'd respond to an invitation to join me for cookies and a little chat.


Hi Elmo. Thanks for stopping by. Would you like a cookie?

Oh, yes please! Elmo loves cookies!

Now I know that Sesame Street has been on a bit of a health kick lately and cookies have been categorized as a sometimes food. How is that working out for you?

Mmmmph. Urp. Excuse Elmo. Well, it is kinda hard to find cookies on the Street these days, but Elmo has ways. Elmo can't really go into details, though. Umm, can Elmo have another cookie?

Okay, here you go. Hey, thanks for the Valentine book. That was really cute. You know, you're really prolific. Lots of books, lots of movies, the tv show. Guest appearances. How do you find time for Elmo?

Pro-huh?

Prolific. It means you're busy making lots of things, like books and movies.

Oh. Well, Elmo's got people. And Elmo will tell Softdrink a little secret. Elmo hired Mr. Ghostwriter for the books. But that Kevin Clash, he keeps Elmo real busy. Sometimes, Elmo just wants to kick it and go to Disneyland, you know? But Elmo's just about the best actor Elmo knows, and Elmo also has a duty to Elmo's fans. Elmo takes Elmo's responsibilities very seriously. Would you like Elmo's autograph?

Sure, you can sign my book. Thanks! So, tell us. How's the rest of the Sesame Street gang?

Well, Elmo and Elmo's best friend Zoe just got back from a road trip in Zoe's little pink convertible. Big Bird wanted to go, but he's way too big for Zoe's car, so it was just Elmo and Zoe. Zoe took Elmo down to Florida to visit Elmo's parents. And then Elmo and Zoe went to Disney World and saw Mickey and Minnie and Snow White and the dwarves and Cinderella and Pluto and Goofy. Yeah, good times.

But Elmo hasn't seen much of Kermie lately. That pig keeps Kermit away from the gang. That makes Elmo kinda sad. But Abbie Cadabby's real good at cheering Elmo up.

Got a girlfriend yet?

Softdrink! Elmo's only three and a half.

Sorry. So tell us Elmo, what's your favorite movie?

Napoleon Dynamite. Can Elmo have some chapstick? Elmo's lips hurt real bad. Hee hee hee hee hee hee. That movie cracks Elmo up. Plus, Elmo digs Napolean's hair. It's kinda like Elmo's. Only Elmo's much handsomer.

How about books? Do you have a favorite book?

Elmo's Valentine, My Life as A Furry Red Monster, Elmo Loves You, The Best of Elmo, Elmo's Animal Adventures, Elmo's Potty Time, Elmo's...

Okay, we get the idea. Thanks. How about school? Are you going to school? Do you have a favorite subject?

Softdrink! Elmo just said Elmo's only three and a half. Elmo doesn't go to school yet! But Elmo does have a tutor who comes to the set to work with Elmo on Elmo's numbers and the alphabet. Elmo can sing the alphabet! Wanna hear? A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O, Peeeeeeeeeeee, Q,R ,S T, U, V, W, X, Y and Zeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Come on, Softdrink! Sing with Elmo!

Thanks, Elmo, but I think I'll sit this round out.

Party pooper. India Arie sang with Elmo. So did the Goo Goo Dolls. And Andrea Bocelli. And Feist. But, will Softdrink? Nooooooooooo. Hey, can Elmo have another cookie?

How many have you had?

Hey, Softdrink's not the boss of Elmo.

Uh-oh, I think it's getting close to nap time.

Elmo's a famous celebrity, Elmo doesn't have to take naps. Softdrink can't make Elmo!!

Looks like it's time to wrap this up. Say good-bye, Elmo.

Good-bye, Elmo.







Psssst. Elmo here. Don't forget...Elmo loves you!


Some Fun Facts About Elmo:

Full name: Elmo Monster
Scientific name: Furrius childus
Age: 3 1/2 years
Birthday: February 3
Favorite song: "Elmo's Song"
Favorite quote: "Elmo loves you!"
Best friend: Zoe
Pet: Dorothy the Goldfish
Favorite food: pizza
Favorite fruit: banana
Favorite game: tag
Favorite sports: Rollerblading, miniature golf
Favorite hobbies: playing piano, tap dancing
Dislikes: Brussels sprouts
Awards: Won the longest giggle award on the Golden Grover Awards

Facts taken from
this article, where you can learn even more about Elmo.

20 comment(s):

Rebecca @ The Book Lady's Blog said...

Okay, that totally made my afternoon. I was hitting that I-only-have-one-more-hour-of-work slump and trying to prop my eyeballs open, then this popped up. So cute!

farmlanebooks said...

So funny! I loved it all!

Jo-Jo said...

And who just doesn't totally love that furry red guy? What a hoot...great interview...but I must admit that it did get a little rough there for awhile! lol

Heather J. said...

This is the very best of the WG: Interviews post that I've seen! Great job!

Elmo, thanks for stopping by. Kiddo is 7 now and he still likes to watch his DVD of Elmo Visits the Firehouse. In fact, he's seen it so many times that it doesn't work right any more. Maybe I could get Elmo to send me a new one. Elmo says no? Ah well, it was worth a shot. :)

Megan said...

LOL!

Eva said...

OMG, I can't read this, because I can hear Elmo's voice in my head and he creeps me out!!! My mom does a perfect impression too, which she uses as revenge whenever I start humming the theme song from Wizard of Oz (the whole movie creeps her out-especially the flying monkeys).

Just thought I'd share...

Ladytink_534 said...

Now that's cute! I prefer Big Bird though, sorry Elmo!

Ali said...

More than I ever wanted to know about Elmo! LOL!

J.C. Montgomery said...

This interview really hit the spot! Even better than cookies and milk.

Uhm. Okay, it comes a close second.

I just love Elmo...even with the 'tude. But as he said, he's only three and a half, I guess it goes with the territory.

Great interview!

softdrink said...

Hello everybody! Elmo here again. Elmo loves all the nice things everyone had to say. Elmo thinks you're all the best (especially Kiddo!). Except Eva...Elmo's not talking to Eva.

Gavin said...

Thanks for the great interview. Elmo, You have to forgive Eva, she hasn't been feeling well.

Dreamybee said...

LOL-Totally cute!

Care said...

too fun.

gautami tripathy said...

So very sweet! Loved it!

Interviewing

Suey said...

Great job! I, too, could totally hear his voice in my head!

Annie said...

Hilarious! Wonderful interview with His Furry Redness.

I love Elmo. I was seriously bummed when I went to babysit my nephews a few years ago and when I wanted to watch Elmo, they informed me that "Elmo is for babies" and told me that we had to watch the Mutant Turtles instead. :)

Dawn - She is Too Fond of Books said...

And, according to snopes.com, despite the "sometimes" label for cookies, Cookie Monster is not being turned into the Veggie Monster (those nasty rumors!)

Wrighty - said...

You scored a major celebrity this time! Elmo is the cutest. What's a 3 1/2 year-old doing watching Napolean Dynamite?(It was funny)

chartroose said...

So cute! I'm going to have to post that Emo Elmo video I found the other day.

Sesame Street is my friend.

Wheelchair said...

Hey, very nice site. I came across this on Google, and I am stoked that I did. I will definitely be coming back here more often. Wish I could add to the conversation and bring a bit more to the table, but am just taking in as much info as I can at the moment. Thanks for sharing.
KP 10.3 Power Wheelchair

Keep Posting:)

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top