- Fizzy Thoughts: March Mini-Challenge for the Dewey's Books Reading Challenge

March Mini-Challenge for the Dewey's Books Reading Challenge

Sunday, March 01, 2009


Are you participating in the Dewey's Books Reading Challenge? If so, than this post is for you. If not, go join and then come back and this post can be for you, too. :-D


The most important list of all

During the last Read-A-Thon, I hosted a mini challenge that involved lists. And last year, I posted my review of Thirteen Reasons Why in the form of a list. Both posts turned out to be surprisingly popular, leading me to this highly scientific conclusion:

People like lists.

Therefore, this mini-challenge is all about lists. Write a review (of one of your challenge books) in the form of a list. Or list interesting facts about one of your challenge authors. Or…think outside the box and come up with some other type of list that somehow relates to the Dewey’s Books Challenge.

And that’s it…simple, no? Just remember to leave the link to your post with Mr. Linky.

On April 1st (no, I’m not joking) I’ll draw a winner from all of the entries. The winner will receive a (signed!) copy of the book that inspired this challenge: Thirteen Reasons Why. And I might also periodically give away a book from my book closet a few times during the month, as added incentive to join the fun.



9 comment(s):

Nymeth said...

I love your idea :D I'll have to think about what to do exactly, but you can count me in for sure.

Dawn - She is Too Fond of Books said...

1. i'll choose a book
2. i'll read the book
3. i'll write my list/review post
4. i'll be back to sign mr. linky

lilly said...

Hi there,
I've given you an award. Come by my blog to pick it up.
Enjoy!

bkclubcare said...

I love lists! But I think Dawn really likes lists...

bkclubcare said...

Ugh. This was WAY harder than I thought it would be. I'm pretty sure it was the book (which I loved) - but it was tough to review....

Veens said...

oh! I have not started reading for this challenge yet!

But lets see if I can do this! This sounds so much fun!

Thanks Softdrink :)

Kailana said...

Oops, my first link is a typo. Sorry!

Joanne said...

Whoa, cool mini-challenge! I love lists, which is probably the only reason I got this done in time :P

Thanks Jill!

gautami tripathy said...

I posted mine today!

Here is my list for the mini challenge

As I won a copy of Thirteen Reasons Why from Dewey and read it long time ago, please don't put my name for the draw.

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top