- Fizzy Thoughts: Spring Cleaning

Spring Cleaning

Sunday, March 01, 2009

Not that it's spring. In fact, it seems to be waffling between winter and summer around here. However, I'm not here to talk about the weather today (but it's 71 degrees with a chance of rain, if you were wondering).

If you're like me, you're reading this in a feed reader and you won't be noticing anything different. But if you just happen to click through to my blog, you'll notice a few changes. As usual, I was bored with the header and color scheme, so I did a little redecorating. I know, you're saying "but she just did that!" This time, though, I went all out. And despite the almost Miami Vice-ish color scheme, I'm enjoying my new look. However, I feel I must point out that I don't have brown eyes. But do you know how hard it is to find stock images of blondes with short hair?? I gave up on finding a blonde with short hair who was actually reading a book. I also realize that my favicon looks like crap, but it is what it is.

Along with the remodel, I decided I was tired of typing what felt like (but probably isn't) the longest blog url in the history of blog urls. So I'm now just http://www.fizzythoughts.com/. But don't worry, everything seems to be redirecting nicely, so there's no need to update anything unless you want to.

Now if I could just get motivated to start working on all those reviews from February that I seem to have flaked on...

21 comment(s):

Nymeth said...

Love the new look! So unique and eye-catching and organized!

bermudaonion said...

It all looks fantastic!

Dar said...

Jill, it looks great! I love the header and the colors. YOu're so creative. I sure wish I was ...lol.

girasoli said...

Love your new look! Nice! You inspired me to clean up my blog a little also. Anything to avoid stuff I should be doing.

eveningreader said...

I found your blog through Sunday Salon a few weeks ago...just wanted to say I love the new look!

Chris said...

I love love love the new look! It's fantastic!

Jo-Jo said...

I love the new look! And 71 degrees...I am officially jealous!

sophisticateddorkiness.com said...

I think the new site looks beautiful! I love the color combo.

Kim

softdrink said...

Thanks everyone! And girasoli...yes, it's an excellent way to procrastinate. :-D

Eva said...

I love the remodel!! I totally want you to do mine too. :p

Eva said...

I love the remodel!! I totally want you to do mine too. :p

jessi said...

It looks great! :)

Dawn - She is Too Fond of Books said...

LOVE the new look! I thought your favicon was custom -- I'd love a cartoony pic of me (or someone looking like me!), but I'm not there yet ...

Ramya said...

love the new look on congrats on getting your own domain!:) i should be looking into doing that soon!:)

Beth F said...

Love the new look! I was wondering where I was for a moment! The colors are soothing but still look fresh.

bkclubcare said...

Very pretty, very bubbly.

Pam said...

I think it looks great!

chartroose said...

The new look is great! If you're that concerned about the little cartoon face, just put a copy of MY picture in your header, because I'm hot, hot, hot!

Natasha @ Maw Books said...

Loving it! Lots of personality!

trish said...

Your blog looks SO AWESOME. I wish I was as cool as you. Maybe you can give me lessons when we're down in LA. ;-)

jdeq said...

The new look is great!

I think I need to undertake a remodel myself.

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top