- Fizzy Thoughts: age progression photos

age progression photos

Thursday, April 23, 2009

I promise I haven't given up on talking about books. I just haven't felt like writing up the reviews lately. In the meantime...

I've had a few twitter conversations lately that inspired this post...about teaching, and badges, and what co-workers do when you turn 40.

Last night bethany asked if I was a teacher. Once upon a time, I was. This is what I looked like when I first started working for the county, right after I quit teaching. This badge cracks me up...could I look any more teacher-like? I keep it around for the entertainment value.




A few weeks ago I mentioned that we were getting new badges (there were actually two badges in between these two, but they usually confiscate the old when they issue the new one. The above badge is therefore contraband). And sorry for the blurry pics...the iPhone didn't want to see me that up close and personal. I was actually laughing for this second picture. And personally, I think I've lost the teacher look. So here I am 12 years later...




Yesterday, in honor of the big 4-0, my lovely and kind coworkers made me a new badge:




Amazing how suddenly the iPhone decided to focus. Hmmph.

13 comment(s):

bermudaonion said...

Your co-workers sound like a lot of fun!

Care said...

LOL!!!

Ti said...

You crazy, government employees never cease to amaze :)

Eva said...

Your co-workers sound like so much fun!

Jo-Jo said...

Oh my goodness...that is hillarious!

Dar said...

Oh man, that's hilarious!

jdeq said...

Happy Birthday Jill - it looks like lots of fun! One wonders . . . with friends like that who needs enemies? LOL

LisaMM said...

Oh, yeah!! Now I know who to look for on Saturday.. a little white haired bespectacled lady with a grimace and a turkey neck! LOL

softdrink said...

Kathy - they have their moments. ;-)

Care - I'm still wearing my fake badge. Our director actually got a big kick out of it.

Ti - So does the job make us crazy, or does it attract crazies? That's the question.

Eva - as the week goes on, we get even punchier.

Jo-Jo and Dar - they're lucky I was laughing. ;-)

Thanks Jerry - I'm already planning what to do for the badge makers 40th!

Lisa - I thought this post would be helpful for all the FoBbers.

Beth F said...

Tooo funny. I love it.

Pam said...

How funny!

Melanie said...

That is hilarious! Happy belated bday, by the way!

Bookfool said...

Hahaha! I love that last badge! And, yeah, I think you've ditched the teacher look. :)

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top