- Fizzy Thoughts: Party like it's your birthday

Party like it's your birthday

Thursday, April 02, 2009


Because it's April I'm hosting another mini-challenge for the Dewey's Books Reading Challenge. What's so special about April, you ask? Well, it's my birthday later in the month, and since I'm going to be 40, I decided to drown my sorrows by inviting you all to take part in a birthday party. Yes, there will be presents. And there could be cake, but I'm afraid you'll have to supply that part on your own. Unless you can figure out how to slice a virtual cake....I made it nice and big so there should be plenty to go around.


Please, no comments on the fact that I'm short 39 candles.

So how are we going to hold this communal birthday party? You all are responsible for the entertainment. All you have to do is write a birthday post. It can be a story about a favorite birthday memory, or some good birthday advice, a poem, that picture we all seem to have of our face smeared with our first birthday cake, heck...use your imagination! Just make it festive, because I need all the help I can get with distracting myself from the thought of turning 40. After you've posted your celebratory post, come back and sign Mr. Linky. In return, I'll randomly pick winners on various days throughout the month, and the winner will receive a present. But no peeking...the presents are a surprise (and no, they aren't all books, although I'm sure the book closet will make a few appearances). Oh, and party crashers (in other words, those of you not participating in the Dewey's Books Challenge (although you should think about jumping in....the books are fine!) are welcome.


19 comment(s):

Florinda said...

I'm not doing Dewey's Books Challenge, but I did just celebrate my 45th birthday with a weekend at Disneyland. Happy birthday to you, and welcome to the 40's :-)!

Chris said...

Fantastic idea for a challenge Jill :D I love it....and 40 is young! Don't dread it..though I'm sure I will too at 40 :p I'll post this on the challenge blog after work tonight and I'll definitely be participating!

Nymeth said...

What a fun idea! I confess I'm not a big fan of my birthday (not because of ageing, just...it's hard to explain), but I like other people's birthdays. So I'll do my best to come up with a properly cheerful post :P

Lexi said...

Happy Birthday Month! My fiance' and I both have birthdays this month too. Glad to see we're in such good company. :)

Beth F said...

Super idea. You're still a baby, and I'll blog about that fact sometime soon! Then I'll be back for Mr. Linky.

Annie said...

Happy Birthday to you! According to Oprah, 50 is the new 30, so that means you are only 20 years old. :)

Louise said...

I'm so sorry I haven't been around your blog for a long time. I haven't been blogging much myself, but I just wanted to drop by and say hi, wish you a good weekend and a nice Easter (if you celebrate that) and apologize for being scarce.

I am finishing my Master thesis and this takes up most of my time. Hopefully, by the end of May, I will be able to blog more and participate more around the blogosphere.

I am still reviewing books from time to time on my blog, but I am not really active.

I don't expect you to come running visiting and commenting, I just wanted to let you know that I am very much alive and I miss reading and commenting on your blog very much.

This is a personal message written to all the blogowner, whose delightful blogs I visit on a regular basis, but it has been copy/pasted. So if you find it on other blogger's blogs, that is why.

I look very much forward to be active again - and apologize once again for not being active the past month and not being able to be active for another month or two.

Louise,

http://louspages.blogspot.com

Kristi said...

Hello,

I just posted a birthday post on march 31 (my b-day) Can I use that one?

Kristi

girasoli said...

Wishing you an early Happy Birthday :) I turn 50 this year. Sure wish I was only having 40 candles to blow out instead.

saveophelia said...

You've still got way more than half your life to live. Still very young. I'll be back for Mr. Linky when I've come up with the proper words ;)

As for gifts, care for a book? :D

Dawn - She is Too Fond of Books said...

Happy birthday (month) to you! Hey, if you spread 40 out over the 30 days this year, you're just a baby :)

Kailana said...

That's a great idea for a mini-challenge. I am going to have to brainstorm on an idea.

Eva said...

I'm turning 23 next Friday, and just thinking about it makes me more than a little stressed. *sigh* But I'm sure the actual day will be fun!

Chris said...

I did it! I did it! Now there's more than one post :p

Betty and Boo's Mommy said...

Jill, take it from me as a just-turned-40-year-old ... it's not that bad. :) Enjoy your birthday!

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday!

I entered my post for the Pirate's birthday today, but the Bug's birthday is Friday. It's birthday week at our house!

Wrighty said...

Happy almost birthday! I'll be 45 on the 25th. Don't fret about the forties. Embrace it and enjoy it! The only part I don't like is how fast the time has gone. I still feel like 20, although I wouldn't want to do it again. My grandmother just turned 90 and I bet she doesn't think we're old at all!

softdrink said...

Thanks for all of the birthday wishes. And I can't believe how many fellow April babies there are out there!

Debs Desk said...

Happy Birthday.
Debbie
debdesk9@verizon.net

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top