- Fizzy Thoughts: *sigh*

*sigh*

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Well, I guess there's no escaping the fact that I'm 40. Although Hamburger assures me I can stay 29 if I want.

I started celebrating early, since April is a popular birthday month (both at work and around the blogosphere). Since I share my birthday with the son of one of my best work buddies, and she's therefore a bit occupied today, yesterday my co-workers took me out for lunch. Yay! Then they gave me a bunch of black balloons. Boo! They are floating above my cubicle, like a black cloud.


On a positive note, the lovely Chartroose wrote the sweetest post just for me. And Care is baking me a pie. Okay, so she's really baking it for her husband, but she mentioned me in the post, so I'm claiming a piece. :-D Thank you both for remembering me and posting such fabulous birthday wishes.

And my mom has promised to deliver "a sweet treat for anyone with a sweet tooth & if this doesn't do it they have a real problem & should seek out sweets anonymous." My mom raised two kids with vicious sweet tooths (sweet teeth?) and fantastic mom that she is, she indulges us.

I guess there are a few advantages to 40, after all.

35 comment(s):

Serena said...

Happy Birthday!

claire said...

Happy happy birthday! You know what they say, life begins at 40! :D I read Paper Towns for the read-a-thon and really enjoyed it.

Beth F said...

Happy Birthday -- you're still a spring chicken.

heatherlo said...

Happy birthday!! I hope you enjoy your day. :)

bermudaonion said...

Happy Birthday - I'm with Beth F, I think you're a spring chicken too!

Julie P. said...

Happy Birthday! You caught up to me! It's not so bad being 40 right?

Kim (Sophisticated Dorkiness) said...

Happy birthday Jill! I hope you have a fantastic day :)

Melanie said...

You just need to pop those nasty black balloons and get them out of your life. Being 40 isn't worthy of black balloons. Have a good one!

Brad'll Do It said...

Happy Birthday, Jill! You don't look a day over 38 3/4... just kidding. I'll bet you're still being "carded" at the bars. Enjoy....

Care said...

You may have a slice or two of pie and as much ice cream as you can pile on!

Ali said...

I turned 41 this year and, yeah, the number sucks but I've never felt better. Happy birthday!!

trish said...

Happy birthday! We'll have to do a little celebrating this weekend!

Jess said...

Happy Birthday!

colleen said...

Happy Birthday! 40 is good! Ten years from now you'll look back on today with envy. :D Enjoy!

Valerie said...

Happy Birthday! I turned 40 not too long ago and really, so far they've been better than my 30's were ( wish could do without the wrinkles, though). Enjoy your 40's :-)!

chartroose said...

Hey, when I looked at the photo, I thought somebody had thrown a big chosolate cake on the ceiling! I was wondering how they got it to stick up there. I guess it's time to get the old eyes checked again.

I am planning on planting a Jillora tree! When younger daugher comes to visit, she and I will pick one out. What type of tree do you want us to plant?

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday!

Today is the first day of the rest of your life!

;-)

Ti said...

Happy Bday!! You are a tad younger than me so there's always that :)

We should celebrate this weekend!

raych said...

Wooooooooo! Happy birthday!!! Way to get older and still be hilarious!!

Dawn - She is Too Fond of Books said...

Happy Birthday! 40 is the new 30! (which makes me 33, ah, would I like to see that again!)

Nymeth said...

Happy, happy birthday, Jill!!! You = awesome. I hope you have a fabulous day!

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday!

Florinda said...

Happy Birthday! BTW, 40 gets a bad rap...I turned 45 last month, and it's been a very good decade for me.

We'll toast your birthday at the Festival of Books this weekend!

girasoli said...

Happy happy birthday! Have a wonderful day! 40 really is not that bad. Only thing that changes is you check the 40-49 box now.

Literate Housewife said...

Happy birthday, friend! I'm right behind you. I'll be 38 in October, so 40 is stalking me hot and heavy. It's all good though. It's all good. :)

Pam said...

Happy Birthday!

AnnieNC said...

Happy Birthday to you! The black balloons are a nice touch. 40 is young!

Eva said...

Happy birthday! At least you can pop those black balloons. ;)

Maree said...

Happy birthday, I hope you have a great day! :)

Amy said...

Happy Birthday and see you in a few days!

Ladytink_534 said...

Oh age is just a number "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years"!

Happy B-day!

LisaMM said...

Happy Birthday!! See you on Saturday! (It feels so weird to say that!)

Dreamybee said...

My cousin found a nice way to ease me into my 30s-she gave me a card wishing me a happy twenty-tenth!

So, if you want to give people pause, you can always just tell them you're thirty-ten.

Whatever you decide to go with, Happy Birthday!

Lexi said...

Aww, happy belated birthday! Mine is a week from yours...

Joanne said...

*shuffles in 1 week late*Happy Belated Birthday! Forty-Smhorty ... I say. If we manage to live through twenty I consider it a bloody miracle :)

Oh and the black balloons - very chic! Black goes with everything and is the most slimming colour afterall ;D

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top