- Fizzy Thoughts: Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesday

Tuesday, April 14, 2009


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

"My advice," Milly says, pointing a fork, "is always find a man who wears polyester. It's a fabric you can trust on a man."

From Precious, by Sandra Novack

13 comment(s):

rhapsodyinbooks said...

That's very funny because my (former) husband used to teach, and at the end of every semester, he was sure to get at least 3 evaluations that said, "he's a good teacher but I can't stand those polyester shirts he wears!"

Kristina said...

LOL that's funny!! Come visit me, I have something for you =)

Valerie said...

LOL! What era does this book take place in?? if it's in the 1970s with those icky polyester leisure suits, I don't know about her advice!

Dar said...

I'm not sure you can trust anything on a man but that was an amusing teaser.

Jo-Jo said...

lol! The thought of a man wearing polyster now just sounds scary to me! Great teaser.

J.S. Peyton said...

Sounds like something I need to pass on to BiblioGuy. lol!

bkclubcare said...

This reminds me of that saying 'never trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders'. well, it's sort of related?

Dawn - She is Too Fond of Books said...

Hmmm, my guy is for all natural fibers!

This is a great line, sounds like the start of an SNL skit.

My teaser is here.

Elizabeth said...

That's really funny.

softdrink said...

Rhapsody - I had a jr high math teacher that wore polyester suits...once we found out his first name was Les, we called him Lester Polyester (behind his back, of course).

Kristina - thanks! Of course, I still haven't commented on that post, ironically enough.

Valerie - 1978...you're spot on!

Dar - ouch! :-D

Jo-Jo - I agree!

baddict & nymeth - That quote isn't very very reflective of the book. But it was funny!

Care - lol! Last week I saw a guy wearing suspenders with those nylon track pants. That just seemed wrong.

Dawn - same here, and if there are holes, even better!

Elizabeth - the rest of the book was pretty serious, though.

bkclubcare said...

Never trust a man who wears suspenders with elastic pants!?!?! goodness.

Ladytink_534 said...

Interesting teaser!

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top